Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Petix
Blue Screen Again
Views: 281
Message 1 of 3

Runs great as long as it isn't turned off or unplugged

My laptop runs great as long as it is plugged in, and left on or in sleep mode. If it gets turned off or unplugged it will not turn back on normally. It used to take 15 minutes up to few hours before the Lenovo logo came on, now it’s stuck on black screen for two days. There is a single BIOS beep when plugged/unplugged while the battery is in. From what I googled, it seems to signal normal booting. The light indicating that it is turned on lights up and is solid (not blinking). The screen is black and the Caps/NumLock light will not turn on. I can hear the fan running, CD-ROM ejects etc. I tried all the usual tricks and nothing. Before, if left plugged in and “on”, it eventually would boot up on it’s own, hours later. But now it’s been too long. What does this mean? Possible to resurrect?

Besides the myriad battery/motherboard/RAM/hardware solutions on the Internet, one suspicion I have is the computer is unable to find/load Windows. The reason I think so is because before the issue emerged months ago, I remember playing with tweakings and cleaning software that also targeted system files, especially the bloated Windows updates junk, among others. Could this be a factor? If so, is there a fix under the circumstance of laptop not booting? Thanks.

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 212
Message 2 of 3

Re: Runs great as long as it isn't turned off or unplugged

Hi Petix!

Welcome to the community forums.

When did the issue start? Could you try to perform a Power Drain on the laptop and check if it will allow you to boot? Here's how https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/troubleshoot/lpt000352?CID=ww:lenovosocial:20x9m6 - If the laptop still won't allow you to boot and the Caps/Num Lock still not responding, it's a possible No Post issue and it needs a repair. We highly suggest you to get in touch with our Lenovo US Phone Support to request for a repair by calling 877-453-6686 and they are open 24 hours/day 7 days/week.

Regards,

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 202
Message 3 of 3

Re: Runs great as long as it isn't turned off or unplugged

Check to see if your hard drive is good.  Download a copy of CrystalDiskInfo (freeware) and see what it thinks.

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors