Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
joyced
Blue Screen Again
Views: 311,796
Message 1 of 12

SOLVED!! Built-in Camera not working

Ik have a Z70 with built in webcam that does not work in any of the programs. I believe I have checked and updated what ever had to be checked and updated and yet no luck. Anybody know what I may need to do to get this camera to work again?  ISchermopname (61).pngIt pretty much says i have the latest version and it cant find a camera. Im lost

vaibhavgumber
802.11n
Views: 311,811
Message 2 of 12

Re: SOLVED!! Built-in Camera not working

Webcam is not detected or unable to turn on the camera. Before going to the below troubleshooting flow, please give a quick check. Try different apps to identify whether it is a hardware problem. Different apps include Youcam, Skype, Line, Facebook messenger, etc.

The issue may be caused by:

• Camera driver is out of date or not installed correctly
  • Camera was disabled in Device Manager
  • Camera was set off under Privacy or Lenovo Settings
  • Hardware is broken

Confirm webcam is on under Privacy

1. In Windows 8/8.1, open Charms Bar via the desktop and click on Settings option. Click on PC info or Change PC settings -> Privacy -> Webcam. Slide on the webcam or configure to Let these apps use my webcam.
  2. In Windows 10, open Settings -> Privacy -> Webcam. Slide on the webcam or configure to Let these apps use my webcam.

For models with Lenovo Settings installed, open Lenovo Settings and ensure camera is on

camera in lenovo settings

camera in lenovo settings

Check the camera is recognized correctly in Device Manager

1. Open Device Manager. Navigate to Imaging devices.
  2. If there is no imaging devices, it indicates no camera modem configured or camera hardware failure. Suggest to contact Lenovo local service provider for more help.
  3. A yellow exclamation means indicates camera driver not installed properly or is out of date. You can right-click and select Uninstall. Then right-click Imaging devices and select Scan for hardware change.
  4. If the yellow exclamation mark still exists, go to https://support.lenovo.com to search your product name and find the responding camera driver to install and update. For certain model, there is no seperate camera driver, instead you need to install Windows inbox driver.)

Check in Device Manager if camera was disabled

• Under Imaging device, one of these two options Lenovo Easycamera or Integrated camera will show up. If a down arrow shown, it indicates camera device was disabled. Right-click Lenovo EasyCamera or Integrated camera to select Enable.

camera not work in windows 8.1

Hardware failure is of high possibility. Contact Lenovo local service center

Tap that Kudos Button if I helped.
If you find my post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! #Lenovo-NeverStandStill
joyced
Blue Screen Again
Views: 311,767
Message 3 of 12

Thank you for taking the trouble to respnd. Solution was easier than expected. Turning off and on the application itself (and not just the laptop itself) made all the difference. 

Thank you again.

JoaoPintoReis
Paper Tape
Views: 310,096
Message 4 of 12

Hello.

Just bought a lenovo yoga 510 and my camera is not working.

I went to the lenovo settings window, but i do not have the camera icon.

And now how can i resolve this?

RobertoCs
What's DOS?
Views: 287,985
Message 5 of 12

Hi there,
I've solved the problem installing Lenovo Setting on my laptop but unfortunately, every time I shut down the laptop and on again I need to go to Lenovo Setting and switch on the privacy setting and off again, and then the webcam works. Anyone knows why?
Thanks in advance.

winmaster121
Paper Tape
Views: 276,803
Message 6 of 12

Here is How to disable inbuilt webcam camera for Windows 10

Use Windows +R shortcut keys to open the Run command box or manually open it from the Start menu.

Type in ‘devmgmt.msc’ in Run and press the Enter key.

In the Device Manager, select ‘Imaging devices’ from the given list.

Under Imaging Devices, right click the ‘Integrated Camera’ option and click on Disable. You will get a message saying ‘Disabling this device will cause it to stop functioning. Do you really want to disable it?” Clicking on Yes will disable the camera.

If the camera option does not say Integrated Camera, don’t get confused, the name of your webcam will be displayed in that space.

Source:- http://merabheja.com/disable-inbuilt-webcam-camera-for-windows-10/

Jaxonjesse
What's DOS?
Views: 267,097
Message 7 of 12

I have Lenovo laptop and I faced this problem when opening my camera. I search on the internet how to solve this issue, but I could not satisfy. Then, I got a link where I can find out solutions. It is not a big issue. Now my Lenovo camera is perfectly working. If you want you can check this site: Geekermag

nshenk05
What's DOS?
Views: 138,542
Message 8 of 12

This was the easiest and most straightforward solutions, after updating my firewall on my thinkpad my camera stopped working and I sent it in twice. Lenovo Tech support needs to be clued on this solution!
pribbens
Paper Tape
Views: 47,728
Message 9 of 12

one can never be absolutely certain, however,

the Fn F8 key, (the one the camera crossed out) was my problem--I think
pressed F8 a viola, camera and video works.

The issue may be caused by:

• Camera driver is out of date or not installed correctly
  • Camera was disabled in Device Manager
  • Camera was set off under Privacy or Lenovo Settings
  • Hardware is broken

I did the registry fix first, so YMMV

cobey
What's DOS?
Views: 33,554
Message 10 of 12

Untitled.pngMine get's stuck here. I already did everything google could come up with my searches.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors