Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
takarcan
Fanfold Paper
Views: 8,802
Message 1 of 3

[SOLVED!] Onekey Recovery does not work after cloning to SSD

Hello there, I was bought a 250GB SSD for my Ideapad 510 (with 1TB HDD). Cloned my HDD to the new SSD with EaseUS. My world was pretty pinky until the day of I've experienced Blue Screen of Death (windows 10 error screen). Decided to recover my laptop with Onekey Recovery option (with Novo button). But nothing's changed, blue screen came out on that part too. So I decided to make a temporary clean windows 10 installation and after that I can make a recovery. Unfortunately, I see that Novo button recovery option is not working anymore, it opens windows 10's advanced settings restart screen instead of Onekey Recovery screen.

After a little research, I see that onekey recovery option is getting broke after that migration stuff (partition resizing, changing part ID etc.) I have a theory, but I need your help on that point, claryfing step by step:

-Creating new hidden recovery partition, creating an initial backup image an so on.

-Replacing image files with the original factory image (because I've access original image files, was backuped. but the old HDD is not exist anymore)

-After that initial recovery will be done.

In other words: Make Onekey Recovery work again -> change the files -> make factory recovery

NOW; according to my theory (don't know it would work or not), I need to setup Onekey Recovery program first, but I can't find, setup file is not for public access I think. Could anyone share the program? Also a guide would be appreciated.

P.S: Any other advices are welcome too.

takarcan
Fanfold Paper
Views: 8,800
Message 2 of 3

Re: Onekey Recovery does not work after cloning to SSD

Forgot to say thanks Smiley Happy

takarcan
Fanfold Paper
Views: 8,741
Message 3 of 3

Re: [SOLVED!] Onekey Recovery does not work after cloning to SSD

DONE! Here's how:

First, you need to find OKR 8.0 iso (cant paste link because its forbidden, but you can search from piratebay). Filesize is 848 MB, do not download any other 35 MB crappy thing.

With PowerISO, you need to create bootable USB with that iso.

With Novo Button, (on that part your drive will be wiped, so backup first) boot your lenovo with USB. A screen in Chinese will show up. Fill the check and click the weird button. Don't worry, a couple of minutes you will see an OK window. First part is done. You got worked the Recovery System now.

Now you need to install clean -temporary- Windows. Mine was 10.

When you done it, download MiniTool Partition Wizard. With that magical tool, you need to hide and unhide PRV_DRV part. PRV_DRV will be shown on My Computer. After that, you can now change your archived initial backup files. (dont forget to hide the partition again)

Woalla! Use Novo button again and Recover your system to the date of first bought!

Thanks for not helping anyways Smiley Happy

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors