Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Hcore
Paper Tape
Views: 835
Message 1 of 3

SSD slot for Y510p

Hi,

Quick question. I got a SSD disc, will provide a photo. Will it fit to the SSD slot in Y510p?

Link to picture

Admin note;  picture >100K converted to link. About posting pictures in the forums.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 814
Message 2 of 3

Re: SSD slot for Y510p

Hello and welcome,

Short answer:  No.  That's an 80 mm m.2 SSD.  The Y510p m.2 slot takes a 42mm SSD - if the slot is there at all.

Some Y510p machines shipped with no m.2 connector installed.

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Moto English

Hcore
Paper Tape
Views: 810
Message 3 of 3

Re: SSD slot for Y510p

Thanks for a good answer. And I had a SSD slot. And managed to get it underneath the cooler and it found the disc in bios. Not recommended but I will try to isolate it a bit before.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors