Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 263
Message 11 of 15

Re: Screen blinking when i put in the ac adapter

I took a new approach to your problem and did a Google search.  It would seem screen flicker as it is called is not uncommon with Nvidia drivers.  One person revert to an earlier driver to correct the problem which are available on NVidia's website.  The discussions are dated, but it shows the drivers could be the source of the problem.

Here are a couple of the discussions..........

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/347422-33-screen-flickering-black-nvidia-driver-update

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/392556-33-black-screen-flickering-nvidia

please mark it as an "Accept As Solution"
♦ I'm not a Lenovo employee, just a volunteer geek who likes to help folks.
Sorry, I don't read unsolicited Private Messages. If you have an issue, posting in     the appropriate forum is the best way to get assistance.

Communities:    English English    Deutsche Deutsche     Español Español     Portugues Portugues     Russian flag Русскоязычное

BlazeAxtrius
Punch Card
Views: 255
Message 12 of 15

So I tried this driver www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/81390/en-us and tried to install it.

The installer said that it cant find a compatible graphics card even tho I have a Nvidia gtx 960m and the driver is compatible with gtx960. I will try the next version and hope that it works the 347.52

I found those forums too but these drivers are too old for me. They don't support my graphics card.

Also my problem is not flickering because from what I understand it makes the laptop almost completely unusable and not only the screen but the icons flicker too.

For me it is just the screen and if I am using the laptop it is doing it a lot less. When I play games it never does it. If I use firefox it does it from time to time. If i leave the laptop for 1 minute without using it... well then it starts blinking a lot lot.

BlazeAxtrius
Punch Card
Views: 250
Message 13 of 15

I can only install the 2 latest drivers.

The newest one(353) doesn't work we established that.

I will try with the one before that the 352.

The other 4 that the site says that are compatible with my nvidia say that they can't find a compatible graphics driver which doesn't make any sense.

Edit 1: And as i expected the flickering started instantly. I have no idea what to do anymore.

Here is a video so you know what I am talking about https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fg7nhwFcBJE

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 225
Message 14 of 15

Unfortunately I've run out of suggestions as well.  The only other thing I can recommend is contact Lenovo Support for additional warranty service.   Although I'm thinking the problem is driver related, it could very well be a hardware problem.

please mark it as an "Accept As Solution"
♦ I'm not a Lenovo employee, just a volunteer geek who likes to help folks.
Sorry, I don't read unsolicited Private Messages. If you have an issue, posting in     the appropriate forum is the best way to get assistance.

Communities:    English English    Deutsche Deutsche     Español Español     Portugues Portugues     Russian flag Русскоязычное

BlazeAxtrius
Punch Card
Views: 221
Message 15 of 15

I will call them tomorrow.

I am pretty sure that it's from a driver. I planned on waiting for windows 10 and see if that fixes it for some reason but well I will just call them.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors