Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
marcelo1251
Punch Card
Views: 1,903
Message 1 of 5

Screen holding screws getting loose?

I'm starting to feel mad about the screen not being able to stay at the position I leave it since it nows goes all the way down to the keyboard or to the other side.

Seems to me that it's because of the holding screws not doing their work as they have to anymore, however I'd like to know if someone opened it up due the same problems and can confirm my ideas... really seems to me like this was build by a 3rd party or something as its waaaaaaaaaay to evident the plastic is really thin in some places and seems like its about to break anytime soon, something that bothers me alot because i didnt pay with peanuts.

Lenovo Idealpad Y510, 2Gb Ram, Intel graphics, 1.83mhz C2D.

Thanks in advance for your help

Retired Guru
Views: 1,894
Message 2 of 5

Re: Screen holding screws getting loose?

Any advice but going to service centre here is useless, because if you modify somehow any part of the notebook it ends your warranty. Better for you to get it to service centre beforehand, while it's not too late.
//help will save the world
marcelo1251
Punch Card
Views: 1,872
Message 3 of 5

Actually right now I can't. Bought it in the states and I'm in CR. Not planing to go there soon and service centre in here was more like a subsidiary of IBM so I have no idea if they'd take care of it.

Ideapads are not sold in CR either.

Retired Guru
Views: 1,844
Message 4 of 5

Try searching your service provider here.
//help will save the world
djonepl
Serial Port
Views: 1,831
Message 5 of 5

I had a problem with the hinges one of the screws holding the screen broke out, send it out for rapair had it the same week probobly i would have it a day earlier but my Loved FedEx missplaced the package so i had it day later but over all best experienc ive ever had with customer service and rapair.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors