Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kristo
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,412
Message 1 of 3

Screen issues, I think my z50-75 laptop has a loose LCD cable

Hi,

It is a brand new laptop and the screen cuts out completely when set at a certain angle. When it is on however everything is perfectly fine.
I have some experience with laptops and computers, i replaced several components in my old laptop myself, is there a way for me to check if the LCD display cable is loose and remedy this myself without voiding the warranty?
If there are some instructions that would help too.
Thanks

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 1,394
Message 2 of 3

Re: Screen issues, I think my z50-75 laptop has a loose LCD cable

On your model the removal of the back cover to access the common hardware items like memory, hard drive, wifi will not void your warranty as those items are considered customer serviceable (CRU).  A full listing of CRU items can be found in your model's User Guide at the link below......

http://download.lenovo.com/consumer/mobiles_pub/lenovo_g_z_series_ug_english.pdf

Unfortunately to trully inspect the video would require disassembly beyond what the customer is permitted to do and will thus risk the voiding of your warranty.  Since the laptop is new, best contact Lenovo Support for warranty service.  You can find the phone number for Lenovo Support in your country or area by using the link below....

http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/supportphonelist_alt1

please mark it as an "Accept As Solution"
♦ I'm not a Lenovo employee, just a volunteer geek who likes to help folks.
Sorry, I don't read unsolicited Private Messages. If you have an issue, posting in     the appropriate forum is the best way to get assistance.

Communities:    English English    Deutsche Deutsche     Español Español     Portugues Portugues     Russian flag Русскоязычное

Kristo
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,369
Message 3 of 3

Re: Screen issues, I think my z50-75 laptop has a loose LCD cable

Thank you for your help, i have followed your advice and acquired a returns code from Lenovo, i'll be in touch with the supplier today and will let you know once resolved.
I am fairly confident it is a problem with the connection to the GPU / motherboard but don't think it's worth the risk!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors