cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NOTTECHIE
Paper Tape
Views: 3,627
Message 11 of 15

Re: Screen wouldn't turn on stayed black?

Hi Maiden, I'm sorry but I'm not tech savy at all so I don't think I can help you. The 'black screen' problem I had was on the E545 ThinkPad.  It would start up but the monitor/screen remained black.  I followed the solution posted by "Duck3" in 2009.  I did each step in the order posted and although I'm not capable of understanding the 'why' of it, that did take care of the problem.  My ThinkPad is working just fine now.

Maiden
Blue Screen Again
Views: 3,597
Message 12 of 15

thank you for your reply. interesting that the only 1 time laptop booted up immediately after power on since this whole fiasco started was after it had drained of battery completely. although i tried that again and no luck.

I read the solution post you referenced and will try that - except this Y50-70 has built in battery so I can't take it out.

if you or anyone reading this has any thoughts on how to completely drain battery I am all ears Smiley Happy

P-NICE
Paper Tape
Views: 2,777
Message 13 of 15

Re: Screen wouldn't turn on stayed black and not running at all

When I turn my Lenovo ideapad 110 on it makes weird sound and stays black screen and keyboard don't work 

80s_gal
What's DOS?
Views: 1,516
Message 14 of 15

Thank you so much! This worked for me too! (My Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E545 using Win 7 had been unplugged in "sleep" mode for about a week.)

Ineedhelp6
What's DOS?
Views: 302
Message 15 of 15

I need help on my Lenovo laptop

My laptop screen is black but the power button lights up telling me it has charge and it turns on. I have a Lenovo  80XR and I dont have a battery that can come out or a emergency little button I need help.

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors