Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
venusian
Blue Screen Again
Views: 860
Message 1 of 2

Second GPU doesn't work on Y500 under Windows 10

Hi.

So i just bought myself Y500 and second gpu doesn't work. It doesn't get hot and thus there is no airflow from the fan of it. I updated my BIOS and have the latest Nvidia drivers. SLI is enabled in the settings.

I tried these settings in the nvidia control panel because someone had similar problem and was advised to do this:

SLI rendering mode --> Force alternate frame rendering 1 (and/or 2) 

Turning vsync off

Power management --> prefer maximum performance

Didn't help.

I downloaded nvidia inspector and with changing those settings it looked like that the second gpu got active, but still it did not show any activity in the nvidia gpu activity window. However SLI visual indicator shows that both gpu's are active. I guess they are but do not work properly. I tried to play Trials Fusion and it became unplayable with fps around 20. On the original settings works ok but only on one GT 650m gpu.

I hope the solution is not downgrading to Windows 8, since someone from Lenovo said that Windows 10 is not supported by Lenovo for Y500. Still someone wrote that Win10 works fine on Y500. What could i do get my rig working properly? Please share your knowledge that might help me =)

Thanks in advance.

sliproblem.jpg

venusian
Blue Screen Again
Views: 823
Message 2 of 2

Re: Second GPU doesn't work on Y500 under Windows 10

Also did the VGA BIOS update. First i thought it's only for win8 users... didn't solve my problem.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors