cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
frontdurance
Fanfold Paper
Views: 347
Message 1 of 4

Should I ask for a replacement? (before 21 days)

So I have the laptop for four days now and after some testing.

1. The left speaker grill if loose. It is not as solid as the right one. When I put a little pressure on the left speaker grill.(In the leftmost side) I could feel it loose. Is this normal?

2. It would heat up when I play games like rift and the witcher 2. The max temperature I got on the GPU was 91 degrees celcius which doesn't seem to be normal. CPu were in he 80 range

3. When ever I close the laptop lid, I would hear a slight creaking sound. Nothing when I open the lid though. Again, I wonder if this is normal or not.

4. I had one crash/freeze while running the pcsx2 emulator. That was it. I need to further test it more though.

Guru
Views: 321
Message 2 of 4

Re: Should I ask for a replacement? (before 21 days)

I think it would be a good idea to provide the model of the laptop you bought...

1. The question is not if it's normal or not, but is that a good enough reason to return it? I wouldn't mind as long as it doesn't fall off, but it's up to you.

2. Those temperatures are a bit too high. Keep the laptop few cm above the desk, or get passive or active cooling pad. Many people reported the thermal paste on many Y-series Ideapads is done rather poorly. Usually the amount of paste is too big and this can cause some issues. You can't re-paste without voiding your warranty though, so in your case it might not be the best idea.

3. No idea as long as we don't know what is the model of your laptop... It doesn't make any sounds on y580.

4. Emulators are not the best thing to test stability with. Use apps like prime95 or memtest86 to check for stability problems. Looping GPU benchmarking app will test the GPU.

====================================
I'm an INsider - not a Lenovo employee.
You can find me in gaming, Ideapad and Thinkpad forums most of the time.
frontdurance
Fanfold Paper
Views: 313
Message 3 of 4

My model is the y410p.

Just a question though. Is it safe to keep the ultrabay empty to act as another intake vent?

Guru
Views: 309
Message 4 of 4

I don't see a problem with that. Just remember some dust will be getting in, so it would be a good idea to blow it away using compressed air from time to time.

====================================
I'm an INsider - not a Lenovo employee.
You can find me in gaming, Ideapad and Thinkpad forums most of the time.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors