Re: Very slow wifi,Fast Ethernet on Y560

try to update modem's firmware.

http://www.krasotaiskusstva.com
wintermute000
Punch Card
Views: 8,598
Message 12 of 28

Re: Very slow wifi,Fast Ethernet on Y560

I had a similar problem. I noticed speeds were similarly slow on LAN as well....

culprit was the SHIPPING DRIVER from lenovo, yes the one in the factory image and on restore partition LOL.

I installed latest atheros driver and issue was resolved. Hope this helps

ibootz
Serial Port
Views: 8,521
Message 13 of 28

Y460 Slow Internet

Hey guys i seem to be experiencing extreme latency and lagg when using programs like skype or a game due to a really bad internet connection that i have never experianced before. i just purchased the y460. i am using the N signal from my computer the wireless router i use is a d link dir 655. my isp is comcast. my previous computer which was alot worse like not even comparable use a g link but i recieve a better internet connection is there anything i can do to optimize my internet speed? i appreciate any help i can get. thanks

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 8,481
Message 14 of 28

Re: Y460 Slow Internet

First thing, try using wireless G on the router. N can be... finicky. My entire network at home, although N compatible, runs on B/G mode. I get 15mbps down all the time.

←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗
Tap that kudos button if I helped ^^
←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗
ibootz
Serial Port
Views: 8,469
Message 15 of 28

originally, when i set up my computer it only indentified G after reading up on people having the same problem i figured out how to utilize the N signal and i guess that is the problem. i will give your solution a try and get back to you on the results. thanks

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Views: 8,444
Message 16 of 28

please, read the previos threads first and before posting, search the web about "n" signal.

http://www.krasotaiskusstva.com
ibootz
Serial Port
Views: 8,384
Message 17 of 28

well i cannot find a solution anywhere i updated the aethros wireless lan and still my max mps is 130 but running much slower its kind of annoying that you buy a brand new computer and it holds inefficencies and the company will only help you if you are willing to dish out an additional 90$. 

teknorpi
Paper Tape
Views: 8,347
Message 18 of 28

Y560 - ridiculously slow wireless

I have had this Y560 for about 2 months.  My wifi works about 50% of the time at normal speeds (16-25 mb/s), but the other half my connection is crawling.  A page with little to no graffics takes 5 minutes to load.  But I never actually lose the connection.  Every once in a while if I turn the laptop off and on a bunch of times, the internet works normally again.

I have the i740, 8 GB ram model, with the intel 1000 BGN wireless adapter.

I have an Asus RT-N15 N Wireless router, which is brand new.  In the house I have a new HP laptop and a PS3 that all work flawlessly.  I cannot figure out what is wrong with this laptop.

I have Avast Antivirus and SuperAntispyware running.  On a wired connection the internet always runs perfectly.

Things I have tried:

Disabled N mode on router

Disabled ipv6 mode

Bluetooth off

Don't have readycomm

I would appreciate it if anyone had any suggestions to make this laptop usable.

multimaha
Punch Card
Views: 8,336
Message 19 of 28

Re: Y560 - ridiculously slow wireless

Allow me to throw some links at you...while my y560's wireless was never as slow as you're reporting, I did have some trouble with it.

http://www.smallnetbuilder.com/wireless/wireless-basics/30664-5-ways-to-fix-slow-80211n-speed

(This link talks about an HP laptop, but the card in it is the same as the y560's.  This is also the link that basically fixed all of my problems, and let my laptop run at 300Mbps.)

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-networking/intel-wifi-link-1000-bgn-on-hp...

Hope these links are able to help you...they've both have done wonders for me.

SH

multimaha
Punch Card
Views: 8,332
Message 20 of 28

Re: Y560 - ridiculously slow wireless

Quick edit.

The answer that fixed my problem on the link below was the first one, by "Shane."  I actually never read the rest of the thread.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-networking/intel-wifi-link-1000-bgn-on-hp...

SH

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors