cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jansilp
Blue Screen Again
Views: 4,132
Message 11 of 85

Re: Solution for laptop cannot detect AC adapter after performing "Battery Gauge Reset"

Hi Vishalan,

Sorry for very lately reply. I'm not sure if you have already reworked you motherboad.

Your provided links seem to be aiming to wrong parts (i'm not sure what's wrong?). 

Anyway, the link from samesupplier below is the Mosfet that can be used,

http://shopping.kitsnspares.com/bon1/productdescription.asp?id=131760

Jansilp.

Vishalan
What's DOS?
Views: 4,111
Message 12 of 85

Re: Solution for laptop cannot detect AC adapter after performing "Battery Gauge Reset"

Thanks a lottt mate

ibrahimlmn1
Fanfold Paper
Views: 4,098
Message 13 of 85

Hello Jansilp

thanks alot for your help i really do>

kindley could you tell more about the sense resistor.

1. how do i know is working or dead ?

2. if i need to replace it , what is the part number of this part ?

becouse i just orderd the mosfet and i want to make sure it is working

please send me back ASAP

Best Regards

Jansilp
Blue Screen Again
Views: 4,086
Message 14 of 85

Hello ibrahimlmn1,

Actually, the sense resistance is just for reference, only no need to be replaced. I'm pretty sure that it's still good.

In order to measure the resistance of this kind of resistor, you need to have the DMM with 4 wires resistance mode. Since, its resistance is very low. In this case, it is 0.01 ohm.

But, you could roughly check by basic DMM to see whether its still ok or not. It's resistance should be near to zero or almost short. Other than that (very high resistance or open circuit), its gone.

If it need to be replaced, you can use any 0.01 ohm current sense resistor with 0805 (need to confirm size again with your board and refer to this --> http://www.topline.tv/SizeChart.html).

Let me know if you have any further questions.
Jansilp
ibrahimlmn1
Fanfold Paper
Views: 4,050
Message 15 of 85

hi

Jansilp

i did replace the mocfet and it work fine charging is good  then stoped and back to the same problem

i don`t know if the mosfet good guality

deleema1
Serial Port
Views: 4,043
Message 16 of 85

Thank you soooo much for the effort u took to correct this issue. by following ur guideline i also able to get my y580 back to previous state. now charger works perfect without any issue Smiley Very Happy thak you again, you did really amazing thing

Jansilp
Blue Screen Again
Views: 4,023
Message 17 of 85

Hi ibrahimlmn1,

You probably need the higher rating Mosfet. Let me know if you have any problem.
Jansilp
Blue Screen Again
Views: 4,022
Message 18 of 85

Hi deeleema1,

Congratulations, you did it!
ibrahimlmn1
Fanfold Paper
Views: 3,993
Message 19 of 85

Hello

everyone

please can anyone tell me what the cost of reparing this issue if i bring it to lenovo

and if i need to replace the motherboard , and by the way i don`t have warrnty .

thanx

pipokito
Punch Card
Views: 3,937
Message 20 of 85

Great job!

Unfortunately it happened to me yesterday on my Y400 after pressing the button to gauge the battery, but best news is that the one year warranty just ended couple months ago...

I feel lenovo didn't adress the problem properly and should replace the products even after the warranty is void. Updating the management utility program by removing this bloody bouton to gauge the battery would have avoided all of us to break that component.

I mean the distruction of the MOSFET is clearly linked to a software malfunction, and happened in many cases it's not a random malfunction. I'm going to contact them to get them to replace my computer even if the warranty is void. Has anyone tried yet?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors