cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mwade
Punch Card
Views: 2,632
Message 31 of 85

Re: Solution for laptop cannot detect AC adapter after performing "Battery Gauge Reset"

There is thread about this problem and guy was having the same problem as I and he said to me that only solution is to replace motherboard because it is somehow "fried". Here it is : https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/IdeaPad-Y-U-V-Z-and-P-series/Y580-Won-t-Boot-on-Battery/m-p/1784995#M13... ; There is no problem with the battery because when I boot with AC I can use laptop for about 3-4 hours with battery. I think my problem is this charging controller and I need to replace it. Could you please send me a few links on ebay, amazon or alibaba with free shipping to buy this particular mosfet.

Jansilp
Blue Screen Again
Views: 2,619
Message 32 of 85

Re: Solution for laptop cannot detect AC adapter after performing "Battery Gauge Reset"

Hi mwade,

Here is the link for the alternate, FDS6681Z at Digikey--> http://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/FDS6681Z/FDS6681ZCT-ND/1626210

But it seems you need to pay for shipping.

fobos90
Punch Card
Views: 2,530
Message 33 of 85

Hi, for the Y580 the correct mosfet are this FDS6681Z? Because i want to buy new mosfet to replace the broken.
tajis
Paper Tape
Views: 2,466
Message 34 of 85

Lenovo is doing remarkably little to address this. I, too, performed a battery reset and now have to jump through hoops to charge my battery. Up until this point I had been pleased with the computer other than the plastic cracking with age on a machine that has been babied. While I have the capability to perform the repair, I think Lenovo should fix all affected computers.

Thank you to the author, as I may end up doing this as a last resort.

spongejosh
Paper Tape
Views: 2,433
Message 35 of 85

Thanks or posting this Janslip!  I just replaced my bad MOSFET with one from Digikey.  Totally worth the work to not need a new motherboard.  I suck at soldering so it took a while but now it's all working.

mp3magas
Punch Card
Views: 2,360
Message 36 of 85

Can anybody tell me which mosfet shoud i use ? mosfet nuber: 4423 BA2T5H i tried to search info online, but i find nothing about it.

fobos90
Punch Card
Views: 2,352
Message 37 of 85

The Y580 use misfet AO4423, alpha & omega semiconductor.. You can find easly the datasheet of this mosfet... But is difficult to find online any replacement... I have to change too and i have to find any similar mosfet or the same, but i think if i buy the same mosfet there are the probability that i have back the problem again..
mp3magas
Punch Card
Views: 2,337
Message 38 of 85

So basicly numbers below AO4423 (BA2T5H) can be diferent. (just wondering what that nubmers is mean)

fobos90
Punch Card
Views: 2,330
Message 39 of 85

If I remember correctly the second code the first two letters concern the type of material used, and the rest is the identification number of the production lot.
If there are several numbers mean that they belong to different production lots, but the data sheets are the same. What matters is that AO4423 is the identifying name of the model to which dates back to the data sheet of the mosfet.
spongejosh
Paper Tape
Views: 2,315
Message 40 of 85

I used the part suggested above by Jansilp and it's working fine.

Here is the link for the alternate, FDS6681Z at Digikey--> http://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/FDS6681Z/FDS6681ZCT-ND/1626210

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors