cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GreenOgre
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,255
Message 61 of 85

Re: Solution for laptop cannot detect AC adapter after performing "Battery Gauge Reset"

Hey Guys,

I have the same problems with my Lenovo Y500. Can you please tell me where is MOSFET on my motherboard, i'll attach picture. I do have experience with soldering so that's not a problem, however I cannot figure out which one is MOSFET.

https://s17.postimg.org/5bz63hd4t/20161207_131356.jpg

Thank you in advance

Green

Willowed
Paper Tape
Views: 2,224
Message 62 of 85

Re: Solution for laptop cannot detect AC adapter after performing "Battery Gauge Reset"

Hello GreenOgre,

I have also changed my Mosfet on the motherboard, I am not tech and have a very small knowledge about it.

BUT, here is your picture with the Mosfets surrounded by red.

--> GreenOgre MB

I have only changed 2 of them, the 2 that are close together on the right side of the board, and my computer works fine since 6 months now.

People need to be aware that they have to clear almost all of the software provided by Lenovo.

Especially the one for battery gauge reset and such, they will damage your new Mosfets and break them once again ( happened to me ).

Hope this will help you out.

GreenOgre
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,175
Message 63 of 85

Willowed,

Thanks a lot for your reply and help. I have all required tools to do soldering, now the

hardest part is to find right mosfet for Y500. The one that on my MB is 4423, BA3B3F,

need to find the same or the one that will be suitable.

mosfet.png

GreenOgre
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,160
Message 64 of 85

+ Update

Soldered this morning, all went well. So far works fine.

Thanks for the help.
AbuHuzaifah
Paper Tape
Views: 1,938
Message 65 of 85

Which MOSFET I have to use for Y510P?

mnjeepmale11
What's DOS?
Views: 1,521
Message 66 of 85

Hoping I can get some suggestion here.

We have a Y580 laptop that we have been using for a few years. Upgraded to Windows 10. 

Lately it stopped charging so we bought a PWR+ charger from Amazon. But then it seemed to stop charging. We thought it was then the battery. We bought a brand new battery and brand new charger but it doesn't charge at all. The charger light doesn't show when you plug in the charger. I have used a multiple meter and checked that the correct current is coming from the charger plug. The battery lasted until it died. 

It is the chip in this thread that went bad and in order to get it to work by replacing it?

Sim93
What's DOS?
Views: 1,266
Message 67 of 85

Hi, Sir. Since i had the same issue with the mosfet, i tested and replace the mosfet.

After I replaced the dead mosfet with FDS6681z, my lenovo Y580 can turn on and start up normally, but after a few minutes i close the lid and walk away (close lid doesn't do any action to my laptop as i set before ), the laptop shut down and wont turn on again. After i press the power button, the power button and keyboard led flash and goes off and the laptop wont turn on again. I don't know what to do now. Please help and thank you.

Jamcs65
What's DOS?
Views: 673
Message 68 of 85

Saying a big thanks to Jansilp and adding one success case to this topic; in my Y580 the PQ302 (Vishay SI4483A) is found shorted, replaced to give a new life to the notebook and to save few of my hairs.

Short story long with one important new clue; the Y580 was dropped a year ago, upon which the display (LP156WF1 TL C1) developed vertical stripes. Last week I thought I would check if that fault was repairable so I took the notebook display out and found one (of the eight) TFT driver IC broken (microscopic inspection showed that it was physically cracked) and very sensitive to tampering. Fault became worse (more stripes and dead areas appeared on the display) so I decided to replace the entire screen. It went well, new display worked fine, but Y580 started showing the symptoms of this topic. I just think the broken display driver may have shortened the 'B+' line and killed the MOSFET (don't know why the fuse did not blow though).

However, after the PQ302 surgery the Y580 did not turn on, even not reaching the BIOS screen which drove me to dispair. Keyboard lit, fan, HDD spinned for a second and then black screen. Only the amber battery charging LED blinked slowly. Here is the new clue: since I did not realize the blocking of the AC power line first, I assume the battery was silently drained and it required some charging before the system was able to start at all. Since the motherboard was also taken out for days, maybe it was the MB battery also drained. Now everything is working fine but  fingers are kept crossed as a precaution.

YY5070
Paper Tape
Views: 417
Message 69 of 85

Hi I really need some assistance 

I have the y50-70 lenovo

And recently I got problem charging it , I dont have lenovo power manager on my laptop, but recently the laptop doesnt detect when I plug the charging adapter and it wouldn't charge. Turning off laptop and powering it back up used to work, but now the laptop wouldn't detect the power ac adapter at all!! No lights turn on after the plug in. Do I need to replace my mosfet ?

Also could you tell me where is my mosfet I cant distinguish it 

Thank you

teslafly
Paper Tape
Views: 406
Message 70 of 85

This is a different model than the majority of this topic, but it could be the problem. But first, you probably want to check if the ac adapter is good. Do you have a multimeter? You need to check if the adapter is putting out any voltage. (usually 19-20v) Alternatively, if you have a freind with a known good adapter (or if a store like best buy will let you try using the floor model adapter), you should rule that out as broken first.

If it is the mosfet, I would need a much better picture of the motherboard to identify it. Starting with where the ac adapter connector plugs in.

Since this is a much later model than the y510/etc, it's a shame that Lenovo hasn't fixed this yet if that is the case

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors