cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ilias48rus
Fanfold Paper
Views: 152
Message 81 of 85

Re: Solution for laptop cannot detect AC adapter after performing "Battery Gauge Reset"

its no way for me to understand what that:

This is not "battery pluged-in not charging" issue. That issue is software related and can be easily changed the option whether Life or Health of battery you concerned by LEM.

; mean.

Jansilp
Blue Screen Again
Views: 135
Message 82 of 85

Re: Solution for laptop cannot detect AC adapter after performing "Battery Gauge Reset"

@rmrfslash wrote:

Just wanted to thank the Lenovo forum and thread contributors, especially Jansilp and tesafly. This worked on my Y510p.

Interestingly enough, I ran the battery calibration software several years ago without bricking the laptop. However, the charging was affected. If the laptop were low on battery, sometimes connecting the AC adapter would cause it to immediately turn off, as if I had pulled out the battery. This was bearable so I left it.

One day, without warning, the computer stopped receiving power from the AC adapter entirely. Jansilp's method of power cycling and reconnecting did not work. The P302 transistor was indeed shorted. The computer has been running reliably (no low-battery-charger-connection-shutoff either) for a month. Thanks again!

Good to here you can fix your problem and thank you for sharing the bahavior. 

IMHO, the charging circuit may not be designed well enough to handle the inrush current, especially, when the battery is near or empty. This inrush current (very high surge current in a short time) may kill the pass switch in this case is MOSFETs. 

Jansilp
Blue Screen Again
Views: 130
Message 83 of 85

@Ilias48rus wrote:

its no way for me to understand what that:

This is not "battery pluged-in not charging" issue. That issue is software related and can be easily changed the option whether Life or Health of battery you concerned by LEM.

; mean.

In Lenovo's Energy Manager software, it allows us to configure the battery charging strategy whether 1) we need the battery always full (100%) all the time or 2) just some certain level i.e., 60% to optimize the battery health when AC adaptor is attached. This feature is called "Conservation Mode" or similar name. 

So when "Conservation Mode" is enabled, the battery charging will try to remain the battery level at 60%. By this, will see "Plugged in, not charging" notification in the battery status. This is normal behavior not a problem, and this thread is intended for another issue not for this.

Ilias48rus
Fanfold Paper
Views: 115
Message 84 of 85

Thanks for explanation, by though the case is not related to the thread at all, its needed to add the explanation to the 1st post.

Jansilp
Blue Screen Again
Views: 110
Message 85 of 85

@Ilias48rus wrote:

Thanks for explanation, by though the case is not related to the thread at all, its needed to add the explanation to the 1st post.

I think the head of topic itself describes well enough. Anyway, thank you for suggestions!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors