check if the recording device is set as default. perform the task mentioned below to set microphone as default:
1. go to start and click on control panel.
2. click in sound, then a new window will open up.
3. in the new windows click on the tab "recording" and right click in the window and click on show disabled devices.
4. now check if microphone is listed there and right click on it and choose enable.
5. highlight that microphone and click on "set as default"
method 2: run the record sound troubleshooter:
if you still come across the issue after setting the default device, i suggest that you run the recording troubleshooter that would help us diagnose the issue in a better way:
1. open the record sound troubleshooter by clicking the start button, and then clicking control panel. in the search box, type troubleshooter, and then click troubleshooting. under hardware and sound, click troubleshoot audio recording.
2. if you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation. let's cross check if the sound device and the recording microphone is enabled.