06-27-2013

Warrenton Virginia

12 Signins

70 Page Views

• Views: 70
  • Message 1 of 2

Strange GPU usage

2013-10-09, 21:58 PM

Hello, Ive been running into a strange issue with my y510p. I have the model with the two 750ms in sli, and for the most part performance has been great. But recently I have been running into a weird issue. I noticed some weird framerate drops in my games, and I will be using planetside 2 numbers for the examples here. I turned on MSI afterburner to see what was up, and normally my framerate is a steady 60 fps. This shows ~90 percent usage on both gpus. At regular intervals though the gpu usage drops to around 50 percent, dropping the framerate to around 20. I was monitoring temperature as well and nothing got above 75 C. So i'm not sure what's going on. Any help is appreciated. 

Options

2833 Posts

08-01-2013

Bangalore

1326 Signins

47537 Page Views

• Views: 47537
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Strange GPU usage

2013-10-11, 16:38 PM

Hi Spartan83,

Welcome to Lenovo Community Forums!

I’m sorry to hear that there is High GPU usage in the computer, I suggest you to check the compatibility of the games and ensure that the latest driver is installed in the computer. Below is the links to check the compatibility of the game for the computer:

Hope this helps!!!

Do post us back if the issue persists.

Best Regards

Shiva Kumar

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete