Akakroke
Token Ring
Views: 583
Message 1 of 3

'Sweating bullets' experience with y410p -- Need a little info

1- On 08/15/2013 I did the setup installation of the machine

2- 08/18/2013 did the OneKey backup to a 32 GB USB thumb drive

3- sometime did the Windows 7 install without drivers

4- the next day did a OneKey restore which worked excellent.

5- 08/24/2013 set up folders on a new Segate Backup Plus 1 TB USB 3.0 drive

6- 08/24/2013 did a copy/paste of backup files from thumb drive to folder on Segate 'just for the heck of it'

7- 8/24 downloaded/installed/ran Puran Defrag's First Run option on the 410 C: drive

8- it did a 'restart' disk check which never came back after 27% completion

9- Windows 8 blue screen with 'attempt to recover' which seemed to work

but

when I checked the 410 disk partitions in Computer Management, Management Tools, Disk Management, it looked like the only partition with anything in it was the one containing the C logical drive

10- resorted to another OneKey restore ... only this time OneKey did not find the USB thumb drive!

11- PANIC

12- resorted to the folder on the Segate where I did the backup of the backup 'just for the heck of it' and it seemed to work fine and the reboot showed all external devices but I'm just not sure, I don't remember, what I'm supposed to see when looking at the physical drive 0.

I'll tell you what I see and please tell me if it's right or wrong but that will be a 2nd, later post.

Thanks,

akakroke

Akakroke
Token Ring
Views: 537
Message 2 of 3

Re: 'Sweating bullets' experience with y410p -- Need a little info

This is what I see:

Disk 0 Basic 931.39 GB Online

1000 MB       260 MB       1000 MB       Windows8_OS(CSmiley Happy       Lenovo(DSmiley Happy      20 GB

Recovery        EFI              OEM               (Boot,Page...)             Primary       Recovery

The thing is, with the exception of  'Windows8 (CSmiley Happy', everything else shows as 100% free. Now I read from someone in a seperate email about checking the long discussion about Partitions before asking any questions (which I did by the way) that people were advised to contact Lenovo Support for local service. Thing is I already contacted Support because my machine came WITHOUT the stickers on the back shown in the online diagram and without which or if damaged the warranty is null and void. I never received an answer but i did it through email and now see there IS no email for this line of products.

Anyway, is this layout wrong? Should I copy my OneKey backup to one of those partitions since it still seems to work? What say you?

akakroke

Akakroke
Token Ring
Views: 535
Message 3 of 3

Re: 'Sweating bullets' experience with y410p -- Need a little info

smileys should be colon close-parenthesis

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors