I just bought a Lenovo laptop with NVIDIA GPU and the first thing i noticed when i was looking at the dxdiag info that it currently shows that the Intel HD graphics is running currently. This article helps us to determine the following cases
1. How to verify whether the Nvidia GPU is showing on the Device Manager.
2. How to verify if the NVIDIA GPU is running when playing a game or run graphic intensive task instead of Intel iGPU?
3. How to switch to NVIDIA GPU manually?
1. Go to Control Panel > Device Manager > Under display adapter > you should see Intel HD Graphics and NVIDIA.
2. Go to NVIDIA Control Panel > Desktop > Display GPU Activity Icon in Notification Area. You will see a black chip picture in the taskbar. If the chip turns rainbow, which means your NVIDIA GPU is running.
3. Go to NVIDIA Control Panel to switch between two graphics manually under Manage 3D Settings > Preferred Graphics Processor.
This should allow users to run the system on the Nvidia GPU whenever required.