Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
brijs02
Punch Card
Views: 4,395
Message 1 of 4

Synaptics touchpad drivers

I currently have the synaptics driver from lenovo which is version 13.2.7.3 and Synaptics site has a newer version with more touchpad features. When i tried installing the newer driver i lost the pinch zoom/unzoom features that my lenovo had with the old driver even though the feature was enabled in the newer driver. Is there a way to fix it?

Laptop(Lenovo Y550 4186)-processor: Core 2 Duo 2.53GHz, System Memory: 4 GB, Graphics Controller: NVIDIA GT240M, HardDrive: 320GB, Optical Storage: DVD-RW Combo drive
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Views: 4,392
Message 2 of 4

Re: Synaptics touchpad drivers

un-install both drivers, install drivers from synaptics and try. if it doesn't work, go back to use lenovo drivers instead.

http://www.krasotaiskusstva.com
brijs02
Punch Card
Views: 4,375
Message 3 of 4

Methods i tried:

1.updating over the lenovo driver - doesnt work

2. Uninstalled lenovo driver and installed new synaptics driver - lost pinch zoom features

so i reverted back to the lenovo drivers, is there any way to make the new one work?

maybe i did something wrong

Laptop(Lenovo Y550 4186)-processor: Core 2 Duo 2.53GHz, System Memory: 4 GB, Graphics Controller: NVIDIA GT240M, HardDrive: 320GB, Optical Storage: DVD-RW Combo drive
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Views: 4,303
Message 4 of 4

restore your system couple of days ago ( before installing- uninstalling drivers ) and try to install it again.

this function may be just available on lenovo drivers, which you have to use it until update.

http://www.krasotaiskusstva.com

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors