Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kanishka_27
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,056
Message 1 of 7

TERRIBLE SUPPORT

Hi, I bought Z580 Ideapad on 23rd Feb 2013, and from the very beginning it had a faulty motherboard (kept restarting every 5 minutes). I had contacted the Lenovo Support Helpline and had registered a case, and it was transferred to the Service Centre at Suva Infotech (Khetra Das Lane, Kolkata). The technician had visited my home on 2nd March and took my laptop with him for further checks. A couple of days hence I was informed that the motherboard is faulty and needs to be replaced. They gave me an ETA of 2-3 days. Now it has been almost 10 days that the laptop is lying with them and every time I am calling them I am getting a reply that the part has not arrived from Lenovo due to a snag in their portal. Is this the way Lenovo handles their Cases? What is the SLA for fixing this? Lenovo should ideally be replacing my laptop as it had a faulty motherboard from the time I had bought it. HIGHLY DISGUSTING !!!
kanishka_27
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,031
Message 2 of 7

Re: TERRIBLE SUPPORT

And no one replies .... awesome
exscentric
802.11n
Views: 1,026
Message 3 of 7

No reply probably because they've all heard it before, before, before - look around the forum and you will find little disagreement with your assessment.

I will say the last couple weeks there have been a few answers forthcoming so give it a bit, you may hear something.

Welcome to the forum at least :-)

noob2013
Paper Tape
Views: 1,018
Message 4 of 7

I think Lenovo has yet to learn customer support is the key of Dell's success and the main reason of HP's demise.
"Once bitten, twice shy" comes to mind ... I recently bought a Lenovo desktop and almost immediately regretted I didn't get from Dell. I was able to easily request for a restore disk for my Win 7 laptop when I got it from Dell last year. So yeah, guess which company I'll be buying from next year when it's time for laptop hardware refresh?
Drifter
What's DOS?
Views: 976
Message 5 of 7

I'm wasting my time here. Lenovo seems to think they can use Google's methodology of making their customers rely on fellow 'victims' for help rather than provide service themselves.
I'll just trash this PCM and buy a Dell.
kanishka_27
Blue Screen Again
Views: 971
Message 6 of 7

Now they have come up with an innovative idea of telling me that the motherboard needs to be replaced and that this motherboard is not available in the country itself. I need to wait till 5th April for the next update..

They think that their customers are fools. Honestly we are or else we would not have bought this crap and gone through this misery Smiley Sad

Woofy
Fanfold Paper
Views: 939
Message 7 of 7

I must say, I've asked 2 questions on this foruim and had 2 replies - both have so far provided me a way forward, but my issues have been software / upgrade rather than hardware.

I do know though that I had made phone calls before comming here and based upon the telephone support I would really struggle to justify Lenovo to be included in our next refresh - is what I need is the people who have provided support in here to be on the end of the telephone, not a bunch of slopey shouldered disinterested service centre people.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors