Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
murali89
What's DOS?
Views: 6,050
Message 1 of 2

Taking Windows 8 Backup using one key recovery on my Z580 Ideapad

Dear Team,

I bought Z580 ideapad last week with Windows 8 pre installed. I wanted to take backup of my windows 8 OS for safe keeping. If in case my OS crashes or if I change my OS from Windows 8 to other OS and later if i want to change it back to my licensed Windows 8.

I heard about this onekey recovery. Is this option available only for recovering the OS during crash ? or Can I take backup of my OS using this feature ?.

Please tell me how to take backup of my Windows 8 OS using onekey recovery or by any other method avilable. So that at any time i might be able to have my licensed OS.

ishaan
Bit Torrent
Views: 6,040
Message 2 of 2

Re: Taking Windows 8 Backup using one key recovery on my Z580 Ideapad

Hi friend

Lenovo offers one key reocvery to the user to revert to the factory install only. You can create a custom backup of your c drive via the onekey recovery application in windows. However, to use that backup, you will have to boot to onekey recovery by pressing the onekey button next to the power button to power on the laptop. So if somehow the okr breaks( i hope it doesn't), you will neither be able to reset to factory defaults nor use the backup created by you. So you can use the inbuilt recovery options of windows 8. See this thread

http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Windows-8/Various-Ways-of-recovery-in-Windows-8/td-p/947369

And this link

http://support.lenovo.com/en_IN/downloads/detail.page?DocID=HT076024

Hope this helps

Ishaan Ideapad Y560(i3 330m), Hp Elitebook 8460p!(i5-2520M) Hp Pavilion n208tx(i5-4200u)
If you think a post helped you, then you can give Kudos to the post by pressing the Star on the left of the post. If you think a post solved your problem, then mark it as a solution so that others having the same problem can refer to it.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors