Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rishabh2
Paper Tape
Views: 925
Message 1 of 2

The USB ports on my Ideapad y510p are not working

I recently bought my laptop less than a week ago, and for some reason, all 3 of my usb ports stopped working. None of the devices I connect appear on the laptop, despite them saying that they are connected. My phone, for example, charges when connected to the laptop and displays that it is connected, but nothing appears on the laptop itself.

I could really use some help. Thanks

EDIT: After trying out some solutions I saw on other posts, I was able to get devices such as my external mouse and keyboard to work, but now when I connect my phone, it reapeatedly connects and disconnects. This only happens for the USB porty on the right. For all USB ports, however, the phone does not show up in windows explorer, but does appear in the Control Panel under devices and printers.

davidzwa
What's DOS?
Views: 201
Message 2 of 2

Re: The USB ports on my Ideapad y510p are not working

I have the same problem. To my belief is it the tolerance in the USB ports (low quality USB ports). Some devices USB cables have slightly bigger USB connectors and stay in the port easier. Other devices don't and get disconnected when inserted. Maybe it is something electromechanical triggering the oscillation. I'm not pleased with this build quality, since my ideapad y500 didnt have this issue

Lenovo seems to save money on mousepads, USB ports, laptop casing, screen cover, etc. It's what you dont pay for

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors