Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
daegong12345
What's DOS?
Views: 1,071
Message 1 of 2

The charger issue for Y400

Hi, I'm the user of Ideapad Y400 and I bought this kid about 4 month ago.

Since this kid was delivered to me, the charger was not working straightly.

What is the meaning of straightly is that, when I try to charge my laptop with battery is launched, it never work.

I should plug in and unplug the charger about 20 minutes, then the charger works.

I am the university student, therefore, I have lack of time to deal with this problem.

However, I try to reach with the tech service on the phone, and the engineer said he have no idea, why this is happened.

Therefore, I always charge my lab top at the library with library's charger. 

I think my charger have some problem, however, the tech service through the phone never help me.

This would be the last time to complain...

I really want to solve this problem and use my kid freely.

Please contact with me ASAP

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 1,053
Message 2 of 2

Re: The charger issue for Y400

hi daegong12345,

Welcome to the Lenovo Forums.

If you're getting a "plugged in not charging" message when you check your battery status then your problem might be similar to this thread. Open Lenovo Energy Management and configure the battery to charge up to 100%.

Otherwise, If the library's AC adapter works flawlessly on your Lenovo Y400 and not the 90W or 120W charger that came with the unit is intermittently working then you need contact lenovo and request to change the AC adapter.

Hope this helps.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors