01-25-2012 08:11 AM
Tingling Sensation “ Electric Shock” May Be Noticed When Touching Idea Pad Metal Components.
I have recently bought Lenovo Idea Pad Z 570, once I connected the charger to AC current for Laptop charging I noticed that wherever I touch any metal part nearby the keyboard or the touch Pad I start getting that Electric little Shock,
I went through all the forums even contacted the Technical Support via phone, the only answers I received are:
From my side nothing worked, as I also knew that its kind of well known issue with Dell laptops, hp as well, when it comes to brushed-aluminum finish.
Kindly Advice if there any solution of avoiding this issue, not to turn back the laptop as I am still in the grace period .
Solved! Go to Solution.
03-11-2012 07:33 AM
03-11-2012 08:39 AM - edited 03-12-2012 10:12 AM
Warning... defective electrical installations can electrocute you!
To cover safety aspects please call a electrician to check your power outlets...
maybe the ground connectors are not grounded properly.
If there is no ground system installed in your electric power installation (2 wires only),
ask the electrician to try and interchange the L & N wires.
A faint electric tingling sensation while standing barefoot on a stone-floor and touching
metal parts of electrical appliances may be annoying but is harmless to man and machine.
It could be avoided by wearing slippers if possible or place some sort of carpet or linoleum
under the computer table to electrically insulate your feet from the floor.
Add.... I strongly advise to install a Residual-Current Circuit Breaker (RCCB) aka Ground Fault Circuit Interrupter (GFCI)
in your house.
01-16-2013 12:14 PM
01-16-2013 12:38 PM - edited 01-16-2013 12:39 PM
It`s most likely you shocking the notebook a static charge builds up on your clothes, synthitic clothing and footware that insulated you from discharging to the ground, electricity always finds the shortest route to ground, and your notebook when it is plugged into the mains is ideal.
Look at reducing your static buildup.
05-17-2013 01:46 AM
I've started another topic as it is completely different problem. I've got a weird feeling like the surface wasn't plain but a bit rough. That feeling disappears when the charger is turned off or when I put my whole hand on the surface or when the other one is on it. That means that this is some kind of wire coat issue. I wonder if this is a common problem or if I should make a complainment because of this.
11-09-2013 12:43 PM
09-10-2014 01:56 PM
Hi, If you get your feet out of the floor, that sensation desappears, so it seems to be something with the electrical instalation. I also have the same sensation. Regards, Marcelo
12-26-2016 01:49 AM
I'm having the same issue and after reading the other posts I believe its electric shock too. I bouth a yoga 910 today and while setting it up I felt funny and at first I too thought it was a funny surface finish. But then realised its electric shock, because as soon as I disconnect the charger it goes away. I tried different power points but no effect. We are rcd protected. Donot know what my options are. Will go to HM tomorrow. Pretty stressed.