12-19-2012 02:06 PM
I have just recieved my Lenovo Ideapad Y580 and it is working fine,I have an issue and it happens while connecting AC adopter to my laptop i can feel small electric shock when i touch metal Components and whether the laptop is turned off or on.
I did not find a solution yet,my question is this dangerous on my laptop?can this hurt it ?because i'm using it most of the day.
Thanks in advance.
Solved! Go to Solution.
12-19-2012 11:44 PM
Please check this thread. It answers your questions.
12-20-2012 04:41 AM
Most of the time, there will be nothing wrong with laptop.
However you can try these steps to narrow down on the cause.
1. Make sure that the grounding is proper for the electric socket, where the laptop is used.
2. Check if you still get the sensation at a different location. ( Like a different building).
3. If available test with a different working power adapter.
Let me know the result.
12-20-2012 05:02 AM
Ok Abhi i will try the three solution,but it will take sometime to tell you the result.
BTW i will try Lenovo Ideapad Z580 AC adopter with mine Y580 , i think its ok isn't it ?
12-21-2012 01:37 AM
Both Z580 and Y580 adapters are available with different wattages. So make sure that the swap adapter also has same wattage as this Y580 adapter.