Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jainnitin007
What's DOS?
Views: 47,109
Message 1 of 11

Touch Pad doesn't work at all

I am using Lenovo 3000 series Y410 and my touch pad does not work at all. I am using usb mouse and very less use of touch pad. Now my touch pas has stopped working. I don't understand how to start my touch pad.
ERIXX
Punch Card
Views: 47,103
Message 2 of 11

Re: Touch Pad doesn't work at all

My Dog! This problem is everyone's at some time! That easy to unconsciously touch button for mousepad deactivation is a worldwide issue!

Lenove should really reconsider the placement of the mousepad on/off. Maybe a big yellow sticker to begin with!? The bright LED under the pad is not enough..  

Jain... I hope its not damaged and you can turn it on with the button/touch button above the keyboard!

jainnitin007
What's DOS?
Views: 47,089
Message 3 of 11

Dear P ussy Cat,

Thanks for reply,

I know that may be touch pad has been off but where to on it from as i am using Y410

Message Edited by jainnitin007 on 12-04-2008 01:24 AM
armlaine
What's DOS?
Views: 46,696
Message 4 of 11

Hi, mine too.  I don't know what to do to make it work again.  I rarely use the Toud Pad mouse because I am using a wireless mouse and I found it easy for me than using the touch pad.  One day, my wireless mouse was out of battery so I tried to use the touch pad but it wasn't working.  I restart my laptop but still not working.

I am currently travelling so it is very inconvenient but this notebook still under warranty.  I will go back to the store to see what they can do with this but I hpe Lenovo can also give us solution so we can do it ourselves. 

identi
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 46,656
Message 5 of 11

Hi

I had the same problem - even went so far as to email to see if I could return my laptop  - then I discovered that it was Lenovo's little trick to make us feel foolish.

Just above my keyboard (I've got a N500 so it might be in a different place for you) there is a little black strip. If you restart your laptop little lights appear on this strip and then go dark so might not even have noticed them. 

The secret is that these aren't just lights, they are control buttons and if you tap one of them it turns the touchpad off and on (so it's very easy to do accidentally).

If you look really closely at the strip in good light (or restart the laptop to see them flash on and off) you'll see that one looks like a touchpad crossed out.  Just press this to get your touchpad back.

armlaine
What's DOS?
Views: 46,630
Message 6 of 11

Hi Identi,

Thank you for your instruction but I guess yours is different than mine because I restart my laptop several times to make sure I did not miss that strip but did not see any.

Solvan
802.11n
Views: 46,623
Message 7 of 11

@ jainnitin007

Your touchpad might have been accidentally put off by the function keys.

Try this, while holding/pressing the Function key(Fn), press F8 key. These combination keys, activate and deactivate the touch pad.

Hope this helps.

Message Edited by Solvan on 01-18-2009 10:41 PM
armlaine
What's DOS?
Views: 46,593
Message 8 of 11

Hi Solvan,

No.  it is on.  I tried to do on/off it but still not working.  is there any other way to solve it?

thank you 

identi
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 46,580
Message 9 of 11

One thing I forgot to mention -

My touchpad was knocked out the other day by a Window Update of something called ideacom. If you google ideacom you'll find it messed up quite a lot of machines -

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=touchpad+windows+ideacom+update

I think it was an optional update. You could look through your update history and see if it is there.

A quick system restore fixed mine but you'll find  a lot of other suggestions to fix by searching if this indeed is the problem

Message Edited by identi on 01-20-2009 05:40 AM
Message Edited by identi on 01-20-2009 05:41 AM
rwoffenham
What's DOS?
Views: 45,003
Message 10 of 11

Thank you! sorted...

Holiday Deals
HAPPENING NOW!

Get the best deals on PCs and tech now during the Holiday Sale
Shop the sale