Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
welshlamb
Paper Tape
Views: 724
Message 1 of 5

TouchPad clicking problem & Gestures

Hi,

Hopefully some of you kind people could help me. I have had my Lenovo Z580 i5 for around 2 days. Im still struggling to get along with it.

There was no introduction or tutorial on how to use the new windows 8 and gestures. 

My main problem has been using the touchpad. I have messed with the settings, but have made very little effect. I can't get to grip with the touch click system, as I have always been used to clicking either left or right button below the touchpad on laptops.

On this version there are no click-able buttons. Well if there are they seem unresponsive. When I try to double click on the button the mouse icon gets jammed up or moves across the page instead of clicking

Is there a way to make the buttons below the touchpad, click-able like a traditional laptop? Am I missing something as at the moment the only way I can click is by double tapping the pad.

This is causing problems for me when using web design programs ect.

Hope someone here can help?

Cheers

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 694
Message 2 of 5

Re: TouchPad clicking problem & Gestures

hi welshlamb,

The Z580 comes with a one-piece touchpad but it should still have a functionality for a regular left/right click like on a traditional laptop. To verify if this is working:

1. In Windws 8, press Winkey+I > hold the shift key and click Power > Shutdown

2. Press the OneKey Recovery button and choose Lenovo recovery system

Once System Recovery opens up,check if the touchpad left/right clicker is working. If it's working ok, try to disable the touchpad gestures (see this thread) and observe.

If the touchpad left/right clicker still doesn't work on the OneKey Recovery environment, you may need to contact lenovo for service.

Best regards,

neokenchi

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

welshlamb
Paper Tape
Views: 676
Message 3 of 5

Thanks for the help, have learnt a few more things from youtube. Adjusted the settings and now its working.

Although I can not find a comprehensive guide of all the touchpad operations. As I have now learnt that right click is two fingers and left is one.

Is there a method to select / highlight all using the touchpad?

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 661
Message 4 of 5

hi welshlamb,

Glad to know you got it working. AFAIK, there's no touchpad gesture that emulates a select all (like the pressing the CTRL+A). You need to the traditional highlight > select (double tap and drag) method to select items using the touchpad. You can also use both hands. Click on one finger and move the other to highlight / select items.

Best regards,

neokenchi

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

welshlamb
Paper Tape
Views: 622
Message 5 of 5

Thanks for the help all. 

/

Does anyone know how to close down open windows or minimize them quickly using gestures?

I though there was a three finger swipe that would minimize?

Thanks

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors