Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
mshap34
What's DOS?
Views: 389
Message 1 of 1

Touchpad Issues (When Using Keyboard)

I recently purchased an Ideapad Y550 and have been very happy with it, except for one issue, the touchpad freezes for 1-2 seconds every time I touch the keyboard.  I generally like to use the up and down arrows to scroll through websites so this is a large inconvenience.

The first thing I did was plug in a mouse and noticed that the issue was not present.  I figured this must mean that it is a software issue.  My next step was to uninstall the Synaptic touchpad driver.  After performing that task the computer has to reboot.  On the initial reboot, the problem seemed to be solved.  However, immediately after rebooting, I received a Windows message stating that I would need to restart the computer again for my changes to take effect.  Since my problem appeared to be resolved I opted not to restart at that time.

The problem is that when I did restart my computer, the issue resumed.  It looks like the Synaptic driver re-installed itself. 

Is anyone else running into this problem?  If so, have you found a long term solution?   I would prefer not to have to uninstall the driver and restart my computer every time I need to turn it off.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors