Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Zythyr
Punch Card
Views: 839
Message 1 of 8

Touchpad Responsivness Poor: Freezing/Hanging for Z510

I have an IdeaPad Z510. The touchpad's responsivness is very poor. It often laggs, hangs, or freezes...

Very often I notice issues like:

- When scrolling with two fingers, the touchpad doens't respond. I have two wait 1sec and try agian to scroll with two finger. It responds only after second/third attempt.

- Same issue with single finger pointer movement... Often teimes it is non responsive, and only after second/third attempt it responds...

- When scrolling/moving the pointer, the text size of the page I am viewing enlrages.. It seems that the touchpad records one finger movement or two finger movement as a multigeature and ends up zooming even though I didn't want it to do that... 

Entire scrolling/pointer moving expereinces is very choppy and unresponsvie all the time... It is very frustrating... I have to use an external mouse all the time!!!

It is an Alps touchpad and I have the latest driver installed v8.100.1611.210 for Windows 8.1 x64 from Lenovo's driver page for Z510. http://mobilesupport.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/ideapad-z-series-laptops/ideapad...

Under the touchpad settings, I also tried the following:

- Reducing the Palm size to very narrow

- Increasing the sensitivity to very high

Honestly Z510 is the worst laptop I have bought... There are so many issues:

- Wifi frequently disconnecting...

- Power management software doesn't remember settings to keep the battery charge at 60% Everytime i restart or shutdown, I have to change the settings back to keeping the charge at 60%

- Sometimes after waking form sleep computer, the keyboard doesn't respond...

YES I have the latest drivers and BIOS updated from Lenovo's driver page...

YES I tried uninstallling and reinstalling drivers...

Zythyr
Punch Card
Views: 799
Message 2 of 8

Re: Touchpad Responsivness Poor: Freezing/Hanging for Z510

Help!? Why no response...
Zythyr
Punch Card
Views: 775
Message 3 of 8

bump

marianost10
Paper Tape
Views: 739
Message 4 of 8

I have the same problems with the touchpad in my Lenovo z510. Very frequently it freezes completely for a few seconds, or stops being responsive to the two fingers to scroll down. After a few seconds (10-20 seconds, but sometimes longer) it works again. All my drivers are up to date, and I've also tried re-installing the driver, but nothing has solved it.

Any thoughts?

ezdmanx
Fanfold Paper
Views: 677
Message 5 of 8

Same issue here all along.

And now the touchpad has disappeared from my system altogether. Not showing in Device Manager

Zythyr
Punch Card
Views: 654
Message 6 of 8

And yet, Lenovo ingores the issues....

ezdmanx
Fanfold Paper
Views: 643
Message 7 of 8

I got onto Lenovo and they offered to repair but the touchpad started working again after a few days so not sure what to do. It still freezes every now and then though.

k30h04v93
Fanfold Paper
Views: 592
Message 8 of 8

Im sorry i can't help you because i'm in the same situation as you, have the same problems with that **bleep**ty alps touchpad, wifi and power management. The latter two are not that important and I just ignore them and hope for a solution from lenovo.

If you can please answer this: Is two finger scrolling in Microsoft Office Excel very fast on your computer? One flick from top to bottom scrolls 200-300 rows. Its impossible to work comfortably. Please check it out and answer. Thanks in advance.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors