Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sgs-1
What's DOS?
Views: 7,316
Message 1 of 13

Touchpad for z580 not as responsive

Hi all,

I just got a z580 but I am noticing that the touchpad is not so smooth. am i the only one?  The pointer can skip from one end to the other at time and when I am moving the pointer is doesn't have a natural flow.

What I do notice is that when my thumb is hovering on the left click, the touchpad senses both my finger (the one actually it) and the thumb - causing it to conflict.

anyway in the settings to select the region of the two clicks to not be detected but only for clicking?

hope that made sense

i would hate to get rid of the laptop on something so minor but it's starting to annoy me that i can keep my thumb on the click for quicker selection.

thanks for any help 

countrywise
Broadband 3G
Views: 7,302
Message 2 of 13

Re: Touchpad for z580 not as responsive

http://www.thewindowsplanet.com/1014/configure-synaptics-touchpad-settings-windows-7.htm

The above link will help you adjust the settings to your liking

JBrownsy
Paper Tape
Views: 7,198
Message 3 of 13

^ That link doesn't help (I'm having the same problem) due to the fact those advanced options aren't availiable on this model.

If someone has a solution, it would be greatly appreciated as it is starting to annoy me quite a bit.

countrywise
Broadband 3G
Views: 7,193
Message 4 of 13

@JBrownsy wrote:

^ That link doesn't help (I'm having the same problem) due to the fact those advanced options aren't availiable on this model.

If someone has a solution, it would be greatly appreciated as it is starting to annoy me quite a bit.

What advanced options,are you refering to?

What is the OS ?

Have you tried to un-install Synaptics touch pad,from Device Manager

reboot afterwards

see if that fixes it.

İf not,please give detailed account,as to when the problem

first started.

Have you tried to do a system restore ?

NN1980
What's DOS?
Views: 7,120
Message 5 of 13

Same thing here. This new touchpad is crap.
Not only is mine doing the same thing, but the double tap, and the left click do not work at all.
Very dissapointed, do I need to say that it is a 2 month old laptop.
countrywise
Broadband 3G
Views: 7,101
Message 6 of 13

@NN1980 wrote:
Same thing here. This new touchpad is crap.
Not only is mine doing the same thing, but the double tap, and the left click do not work at all.
Very dissapointed, do I need to say that it is a 2 month old laptop.

Please give detailed answers to my questions posted above.

gregka
Punch Card
Views: 7,077
Message 7 of 13

UPDATED - IT IS WORKING NOW FINE..SEE FOLLOWING POSTS FOR RESOLUTION. I bought the Z580 on Sunday and have tried unsuccessfully to make the touchpad smoother/nore responsive. I also own 2 B570's and a Thinkpad and the B570's that cost at least $150 less have a great touchpad. Very upset.. Can we install the ttouchpad software for the B570's on the Z580? I guess that wil be my next attempt. Something needs to be done to fix this over sensitive touchpad. of the Z580. Thank you.
countrywise
Broadband 3G
Views: 7,072
Message 8 of 13

@gregka wrote:
I bought the Z580 on Sunday and have tried unsuccessfully to make the touchpad smoother/nore responsive. I also own 2 B570's and a Thinkpad and the B570's that cost at least $150 less have a great touchpad. Very upset.. Can we install the ttouchpad software for the B570's on the Z580? I guess that wil be my next attempt. Something needs to be done to fix this over sensitive touchpad. of the Z580. Thank you.

İf you tried the link i posted above

and  it didn't help you,

Start>Devices and printers>right click mouse icon,

choose Mouse Settings>Device settings tab>Settings and check out the options.

You can also check out all the other tabs in the mouse properties window

like pointers,pointer options wheel...and adjust the settings there.

Also in Devices and printers window,you can right click again and choose troubleshooting,

this link may be helpful as well.  http://www.synaptics.com/resources/consumer-tips

gregka
Punch Card
Views: 7,049
Message 9 of 13

Thank YOU but it is working fine now even with the zoom checked and double finger scroll checked. I am not sure why. But this is what I did.. Uninstalled the lenovo toucpad driver and reinstalled it from the synoptics website. I also used the following: https://plus.google.com/116164717430356367649/posts/9rCL4QwMbqf#116164717430356367649/posts/9rCL4QwM... and http://blog.chron.com/techblog/2011/12/bringing-apples-two-finger-right-click-to-windows/
gregka
Punch Card
Views: 7,001
Message 10 of 13

ended up unchecking all the scrolling features as I did notice that it was not as responsive during copy /paste. Now it is. I also uninstalled the intelligent toucpad feature ( useless ). Touchpad is now behaving close to my great B570's. I would had also preferred that the mouse was 2 separate buttons like in the B570 series. Oh well.

Still do not understand why the Dolby Home Theater does not stay on when I restart windows ( it does if unistall OneKey Theater) but that's I guess another topic. Great computer otherwise.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors