Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
omprakash070
Blue Screen Again
Views: 2,359
Message 1 of 8

Touchpad scrolling, gesture, circular feature lost after touchpad replacement in lenovo y50-70

Hi, 

Earlier right click was not working properly on my lenov y50-70 laptop. Most of the time, I have to press right click button with more . But all feature(circular zoom, virtual scrolling, gesture, swap) of elan smartpad touchpad were working properly previously. After replacement of touchpad by lenovo, even none of the above said feature is availabe in ELAN driver software. Does this mean those feature is not supported by new touchpad?

nlong55
What's DOS?
Views: 2,055
Message 2 of 8

Re: Touchpad scrolling, gesture, circular feature lost after touchpad replacement in lenovo y50-70

I have the same problem.  They replaced my touchpad and now none of the gestures work and i have to drag my finger across the touchpad several times to get from one side of the screen to the other, whereas you should be able to do it in one swipe.  Huge QA problems with this device and I'm getting very frustrated they didnt check to make sure that it all worked when they sent it back to me.  Please Lenovo FIX THE TOUCHPAD ISSUES!  WE need gestures and correct movement, changing the sensitivity does not fix this problem, Im assuming you need to update the drivers and correct this issue or the touchpad is bad again.  Afterall, the last release for this driver was August of 2014.  New drivers are overdue Lenovo. PLEASE FIX THIS!

Datz
Paper Tape
Views: 1,396
Message 3 of 8

Re: Touchpad scrolling, gesture, circular feature lost after touchpad replacement in lenovo y50-70

I would like to say I'm having the same issues with my Y50-70. My initial touchpad was faulty from the factory, A new one was installed, but I don't get any gesture options. I've tried all kinds of different drivers, but options for the touchpad is greyed out. Has anyone figured out any workarounds or any way of fixing this. As someone who uses the touchpad frequently, this is a large annoyance. I figure they used a replacement touchpad that is incompatible with the released drivers for the model. Older/newer/hardware from a differernt model? If a rep could help me identify what drivers I could use that would be great.

Thanks.

kamalnath
Token Ring
Views: 1,388
Message 4 of 8

If your previous touchpad was ELANTECH then there might be possibilities that they may have installed a Synaptics touchpad or even ALPS...... Install various drivers and see which one works.... link here Smiley Happy

Cheers

Kamal

Dont forget to click KUDOS button(right down this sentence)if i have helped you....Ask any questions or Doubts,iam always ready to help.... Smiley Happy
Datz
Paper Tape
Views: 1,368
Message 5 of 8

Thanks for the help Kamal. Unfortunately I had this driver on my desktop, and had run the installer recently. I downloaded it and ran it again just to be sure. No dice. Here I am again, wearing out my index finger trying to get things done. If only I didn't need to run some windows programs.. Linux drivers pick it up right away and include a few gestures. I miss my old 2007 dell touchpad. So much for an expensive new laptop. Smiley Sad
tarun001
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,193
Message 6 of 8

I'm even facing the same issue. Today I got my mouse replaced and since then all the gestures have stopped working. This is really annoying. I've got screen, hinges, and mouse changed today and today itself I'm facing this new issue. Lenovo guys have tried to reinstall all my drivers thru remote access but still it didn't work. They asked me to perform recovery and see, but I guess that's also not gonna work after seeing this post. 

Mod's Edit: Please keep in mind that these forums are accessed by people of all ages. Profanity, implied profanity or attempted profanity by circumventing the profanity filter is prohibited by Forum Rules and have been removed.

tarun001
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,173
Message 7 of 8

Well, today I got this problem resolved. On the day I complained them they took remote access to my lappy and tried basic reinstallation of the drivers but then it didn't work and they asked me perform One-Kkey recovery. Unfortuantely neither of them worked. So I talked to them again and this time they came up with working solution.
First download the necessary drivers from the Lenovo site. I've attached here drivers that is recommended for Y50-70 working on Windows 10. 

Please check this link: TouchPad driver
Then you gotta install that. Once you finish installation see if you have access to "OPTIONS" or "SETTINGS" in the ELAN or SYNAPTICS or ALPS tab in the MOUSE PROPERTIES windows which you could access from the control panel. If you find out that "OPTIONS" or "SETTINGS" is greyed out then try updating the drivers of the mouse in the DEVICE MANAGER by manually selecting the driver of ELAN. And check if the gestures work and if not try installing drivers of ALPS and still if it doesn't work then try SYNAPTICS.
Sorry if I was not clear. You can drop your doubts here if any or else call the Lenovo technical team and ask them to perform FORCEFULL INSTALLATION OF DRIVERS or just specify the problem they will do the rest.
Thanks.

Mila_s
Fanfold Paper
Views: 440
Message 8 of 8

Setting my touchpad properties does not work. I have tried the above steps, no success. Pressing Setup at the Mouse Properties-Device Setup screen brings me to a nonworking screen - see attached.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors