Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ambadassador
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,830
Message 1 of 10

Trouble with my Lenovo Y510P.

Hello Lenovo community!

I bought my refurbished Y510P for about 3 months ago and it had worked great until recently my laptop would just shut off and would not boot up again for a certain amount of time followed with my AC adapter makes a weird loud pulsing noise. I tried removing my AC adapter from my laptop and pressing the power on button but it didn't work. After 1 hour later I plug in back my AC adapter and the noise is gone and it can boot up again but with a strange event, my computer would smell like burnt electronics and metal from the AC charger jack.

I am worried if it just my AC adapter is faulty or it be something wrong with my AC charger jack because this is the second time it did this to me. 

JakeSully
Broadband 3G
Views: 1,775
Message 2 of 10

Re: Trouble with my Lenovo Y510P.

hmm that sems either your charger is giving to much input voltage causing the AC port smelling like burnt metal or so, i would not recommend using that charger from now on since if you continue doing that it is a risk of your pc will burn out due to high voltage being inputed through your AC port :/ first of all it make AC port burn out so it breaks then it can also cause huge voltage damage to Hard disk, Screen, Motherboard, graphic card and proecssor + ram so i would recommend you trying with another type of charger from now on and see if that happens again if not then it's a failure inside lenovo charger that you got :/
Ambadassador
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,770
Message 3 of 10

Oh alright. I try a different charger. Just ordered an OEM one on ebay. 

Hopefully that does the trick. I will update this post if it happens again. (And hopefully it isn't my computer's internal charger that is the culprit.)

Thanks a plenty, JakeSully.

JakeSully
Broadband 3G
Views: 1,767
Message 4 of 10

your welcome, please make sure input voltage is same amount that is stated on laptop and secondly plz keep me up to date so i will know if your OEM charger worked Smiley Happy
Kolcantas
Punch Card
Views: 1,755
Message 5 of 10

I would recommend to boot first time while the battery is not put in.

1. it might be that the battery is the damaged element

2. if the charger is bad, it might have also damaged the battery

If your computer works with the new charger (and without the battery) properly, you can try it with the battery. Just for sure.

Ambadassador
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,735
Message 6 of 10

I'll keep that in mind Kolcantas, thanks for the advice!

Antedilvian
Paper Tape
Views: 849
Message 7 of 10

I have the same problem with my y510p, the notebook shutting down, the ac adapter gives a strange noise, and  i cant turn the nobebook back on. After some time, i can turn it back on but it smells.

Ambadassador
Blue Screen Again
Views: 826
Message 8 of 10

If you have warranty, I would recommend sending it back to their place to fix it. 

My laptop did the same thing after replacing the AC Adapter. I have a feeling it's something with the motherboard not drawing in power correctly. When they returned it, the work order mentioned that my motherboard is replaced and now computer works great.

Antedilvian
Paper Tape
Views: 732
Message 9 of 10

I will. Thanks.
I bought my y510p a month ago,yesterday was the 2nd time it happened. Both time during playing.

Ambadassador
Blue Screen Again
Views: 678
Message 10 of 10

I feel you there.

This is what exactly happened to me as well. Just a bit of gaming and "pzZzzt," powers off, and pulsing noise coming out of my ac adapter.

Definitely get it checked out.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors