cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Solemn
What's DOS?
Views: 417
Message 1 of 4

Turn Off Caps Lock Notification (Tried many ways but none work)

I recently bought a Lenovo Y50-70 and I use Caps lock for gaming but the black and yellow icon notification for caps lock is very annoying. I have Windows 8.1 and I'm looking to looking to turn this option off.

I have researched ways to end this but have tried going into regedit, Display, Ease of Access and msconfig to no avail.

There is no Widcomm file in my registry, Display's advanced settings do not have an option and neither does Ease of Access.

I know that I can turn off all on screen notifications and therefore solve this problem but I don't want to do that. If anyone has an answer, much will be appreciated.

LenBlazer
Bit Torrent
Views: 398
Message 2 of 4

Re: Turn Off Caps Lock Notification (Tried many ways but none work)

@Solemn wrote:

I recently bought a Lenovo Y50-70 and I use Caps lock for gaming but the black and yellow icon notification for caps lock is very annoying. I have Windows 8.1 and I'm looking to looking to turn this option off.

I have researched ways to end this but have tried going into regedit, Display, Ease of Access and msconfig to no avail.

There is no Widcomm file in my registry, Display's advanced settings do not have an option and neither does Ease of Access.

I know that I can turn off all on screen notifications and therefore solve this problem but I don't want to do that. If anyone has an answer, much will be appreciated.

As I understand your problem only occur while playing a game, why not look into the game's setting?

sharpblade95
Paper Tape
Views: 257
Message 3 of 4

I have exactly the same issue on Lenovo flex 2...
If anyone has an answer, much will be appreciated.

sharpblade95
Paper Tape
Views: 211
Message 4 of 4

disable Lenovo Utility in Task manager

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors