TR

9 Signins

50 Page Views

• Views: 50
  • Message 1 of 2

USB 2 and 3 ports problem on my Lenovo Z580

2020-02-14, 15:00 PM

Hi,

My Lenovo Z580 model laptop has no contact on the USB3.0 and USB2.0 ports. When connecting the USB cable to these ports, paper etc. is placed on the top or bottom of the port. I managed to remove the contactlessness by pinching a piece. Is there any other solution for the contact pins on the USB ports to touch the plugged cable smoothly? Or should I disconnect these USB ports on the motherboard of the computer and plug in new ones? I would be very happy if I could get an answer from those concerned.
Thank you...

Options

9973 Posts

11-30-2015

PH

6782 Signins

729754 Page Views

• Views: 729754
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: USB 2 and 3 ports problem on my Lenovo Z580

2020-02-14, 16:43 PM

Hi sarrafi,

Welcome to the Community Forums.

You can try to use the same USB device to test it on the single USB port on the right side to isolate the issue. 

Those two USB ports on the left side is soldered with the motherboard so it would be an expensive replacement if your local tech would not be able to get a DIY solution specially if the USB devices work on the right port.

Try to wiggle the cord if easily gets loose then try to check another usb device if it does the same. If yes then it is likely as what you described that the USB port needs a bit tightening. 

Cleaning the port may also help to clear any lint and debris. Some tries with a non conductive stick like a sharpened toothpick with caution not to damage the contact area then swabbing with a damp lint free cloth swabbed with isoprophyl alcohol with power off and without the battery.

I would suggest to rather have a technician advise you further on such DIY task specially if you haven't tried it before. They can also try adjusting the grip pins (opposite the gold contact points) to address the loosening. Review some online videos as needed before you decide.

I hope this helps answer your query.

Regards

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save