Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo P, Y and Z series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

3 Posts

11-30-2013

United States

2 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 1 of 3

Unable to Change Power Settings Y510p

2013-11-30, 16:07 PM

My new Y510P recently stopped asking for a password after being in sleep  mode. I have tried changing it in the Windows 8 "change PC setting" and also under the Control Panel "edit power plan." And I have tried rebooting several times, and changing the password, to no avail.

Recently, it also started going into hibernation if I leave it in sleep mode. I never wanted it to do that, and I never changed a setting. It just started happening

Any ideas?  Thanks!

Answer
Options

6095 Posts

02-11-2012

Philippines

4459 Signins

274727 Page Views

• Views: 274727

Re: Unable to Change Power Settings Y510p

2013-12-02, 15:30 PM

hi rpiandrew,

Welcome to the Forums.

Can you try the following:

1. Press the Windows logo key‌ Windows logo key+R and type netplwiz or control userpasswords2

2. On the User Accounts Window, ensure "User must enter a username and password to use this computer" is checked, hit apply then ok, reboot and observe the PC.

Link to picture

3. As for the unit going to hibernation mode when put to sleep, have you tried disabling hybrid sleep / hibernation mode under the power optons?

Link to picture

Alternatively, if the system was working fine before, you can also perform a System Restore to rule out any possible corrupted Windows Update that might have caused the issue.

Hope this helps

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Replies(2)
Answer
Options

6095 Posts

02-11-2012

Philippines

4459 Signins

274727 Page Views

• Views: 274727
  • Message 2 of 3

2013-12-02, 15:30 PM

hi rpiandrew,

Welcome to the Forums.

Can you try the following:

1. Press the Windows logo key‌ Windows logo key+R and type netplwiz or control userpasswords2

2. On the User Accounts Window, ensure "User must enter a username and password to use this computer" is checked, hit apply then ok, reboot and observe the PC.

Link to picture

3. As for the unit going to hibernation mode when put to sleep, have you tried disabling hybrid sleep / hibernation mode under the power optons?

Link to picture

Alternatively, if the system was working fine before, you can also perform a System Restore to rule out any possible corrupted Windows Update that might have caused the issue.

Hope this helps

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Options

3 Posts

11-30-2013

United States

2 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 3 of 3

2013-12-02, 16:34 PM

The system restore seems to have fixed it! Neither of the other things worked. Thanks for your help.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms