Did you mean: 
Highlighted
alokatzenith
Paper Tape
Views: 1,704
Message 1 of 6

Unable to connect my bluetooth with Z510

Hi

I have ideapad Z510 with me. Recently I bought Sony SBH20 stereo headset. I tried to connect it with my machine. It got paired but it is not establishing a connection. I googled and got to know there is issue of some A2DP drivers. Tried to find out the drivers for my machine, but nothing new is there. Please help me out.

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 1,679
Message 2 of 6

Re: Unable to connect my bluetooth with Z510

hi alokatzenith,

After you pair the Bluetooth headset, can you try the following:

1. Navigate to the Control Panel (large icon view) > Devices and Printers and check if you see the BT Headset in the list of devices.

Sample picture

If the BT headset is on the list, right click on it, navigate to Properties > Services Tab and ensure all services are checked (you may see an A2DP. Audio Sink. or"Headset)

- Sample picture

2. Navigate to the Control Panel (Icon Views) > Sound and see if you can set the bluetooth headset as the default playback device.

- Sample picture

When done, try to play a music fie and observe.

Regards

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

alokatzenith
Paper Tape
Views: 1,673
Message 3 of 6

1.BT headset is in the list of devices. 2. All services are checked. 3. BT headset is not available as playback device. PS: Could you please let me know how to post the screenshot? May be it will help you in some manner.
Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 1,666
Message 4 of 6

hi alokatzenith,

Under the Sound Properties > Playback Tab, can you right click and hit Show disabled devices.

- Link to picture

In case there were no disabled devices, can you  check this guide to check if you have additional options while right-clicking on the paired Bluetooth headset and on how to enable the headset features.

As for posting pictures, check this article.

Regards

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

alokatzenith
Paper Tape
Views: 1,659
Message 5 of 6

Tried everything but all in vain. Finally downloaded driver from :

http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/ideapad-z-series-laptops/ideapad-z510-...

now its working Smiley Happy

Thanx for all your help.

Community SuperMod
Community SuperMod
Views: 1,657
Message 6 of 6

Thanks for reporting your good outcome!

Cheers.

Community GuidelinesSearchPrivate MessagingENDEESPTRUUACZ-SKMoto
PM requests for individual support are not answered. If a post solves your issue, please mark it so.

I am not a Lenovo employee.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors