cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Vasileff
Punch Card
Views: 475
Message 1 of 7

Unable to install Windows 10 driver on.... Windows 10 platform?!

Like always, Micro$oft just love screwing things up and since the last WLAN driver update my speed dropped from 6-7MB/s down to 1.5MB/s (if I'm lucky enough) and every 2-3 hours I keep loosing connection to my router and I have to Disable/Enable the WLAN adapter in order to reconnect...

So here I am, downloading the coresponding driver from Lenovo Support. So far, so good. Now lets run the installer.... *double click*..... Listening to the "scratching" sounds comming out of my HDD... Magic will happen any second, I thought.... Here it comes.... And......

"This App Can't Run on This PC... Bluetooth Suite Doesn't Work on This Version of Windows" Smiley Surprised

Now, two things I know for sure:
1. I'm SURE my Z510 is running on Windows 10
2. I'm SURE I've downloaded a driver for my Intel wireless adapter (not for the Bluetooth) - http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/ideapad-z-series-laptops/ideapad-z510-...
Double checked on both...

Now, it'd be greatly appreciated if Lenovo share a link with the REAL driver for my Intel WIRELESS adapter (WINDOWS 10)!

Thank you! Smiley Indifferent

LenBlazer
Bit Torrent
Views: 473
Message 2 of 7

Re: Unable to install Windows 10 driver on.... Windows 10 platform?!

What's the detail of your Intel wifi card?

Anyway, just download the driver right from the Intel website.

Vasileff
Punch Card
Views: 450
Message 3 of 7

It's Intel(R) Wireless-N 7260
I'll try the Intel website.

Vasileff
Punch Card
Views: 448
Message 4 of 7

I don't get it... I am downloading a WIRELESS NETWORK adapter adriver, and when I run it, it says that it will install wireless BLUETOOTH driver?! And this one (from the Intel website) only installed some USB driver?!

I swear, I will never, EVER, buy a Lenovo product! Getting way too much headache with my both P70 and Z510... Stupid Chinese piece of crap! Smiley Indifferent

LenBlazer
Bit Torrent
Views: 443
Message 5 of 7

@Vasileff wrote:

I don't get it... I am downloading a WIRELESS NETWORK adapter adriver, and when I run it, it says that it will install wireless BLUETOOTH driver?! And this one (from the Intel website) only installed some USB driver?!

I swear, I will never, EVER, buy a Lenovo product! Getting way too much headache with my both P70 and Z510... Stupid Chinese piece of crap! Smiley Indifferent

There are two programs in the site, the intel proset for BT technology and the Intel Proset Wireless technology. Lenovo has nothing to do with your problem.

Vasileff
Punch Card
Views: 428
Message 6 of 7

Read again my 1st post. The driver I downloaded form Lenovo DOES NOT install at all. All I get is a message saying that the app can't run on my PC, because of the Windows version. And as far as I can see, this driver is supposed to run on Windows 10. But it doesn't. So yeah, I'm pretty sure that Lenovo has linked either wrong, or not working driver.

Name     WLAN Driver (Intel).exe 

Operating System      Windows 10 (64-bit)
Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Version     16.5.3.6

Released       7/17/2015
-------

On the Intel's site the search for "N 7260" returns only Wireless Bluetooth drivers, and 0 WLAN drivers.

In a few words, Intel does NOT offer a WLAN driver for Windows 10 at all, while Lenovo does offer a NOT-working one.

Go figure...
LenBlazer
Bit Torrent
Views: 421
Message 7 of 7

@Vasileff wrote:

Read again my 1st post. The driver I downloaded form Lenovo DOES NOT install at all. All I get is a message saying that the app can't run on my PC, because of the Windows version. And as far as I can see, this driver is supposed to run on Windows 10. But it doesn't. So yeah, I'm pretty sure that Lenovo has linked either wrong, or not working driver.

Name     WLAN Driver (Intel).exe 

Operating System      Windows 10 (64-bit)
Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Version     16.5.3.6

Released       7/17/2015
-------

On the Intel's site the search for "N 7260" returns only Wireless Bluetooth drivers, and 0 WLAN drivers.

In a few words, Intel does NOT offer a WLAN driver for Windows 10 at all, while Lenovo does offer a NOT-working one.

Go figure...

Here are the programs that you can find in Intels site: Sorry the Lenovo site no longer accept insertion of snapshot of the two programs from Intel. Anyway, you can figure that out yourself that there are two programs as stated earlier.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors