Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rohitmenon
What's DOS?
Views: 900
Message 1 of 4

Unable to reduce brightness using keyboard in Lenovo Ideapad 100 15IBD

Hi all,

Recently i got my Windows 10 Display driver corrupted and I had to go for Windows 7 64 bit. After the fresh installation I am unable to reduce brightness using keyboard function keys. My laptop is in Lenovo Ideapad 100 15IBD. I tried installing Intel Display driver but its crashing after i restart as in the display wont come up, it a complete blank screen, again i had to reinstall OS. Tried enabling hotkey in BIOS, still no luck. Can anyone please help me how to resolve this issue as my brightness is on 100% now and it very annoying and strenuous. Please help.

Thanks

Rohit

CyberSimian
Bit Torrent
Views: 829
Message 2 of 4

Re: Unable to reduce brightness using keyboard in Lenovo Ideapad 100 15IBD

@rohitmenon wrote:

I had to go for Windows 7 64 bit. After the fresh installation I am unable to reduce brightness using keyboard function keys. My laptop is in Lenovo Ideapad 100 15IBD.

The following thread describes a solution that may  work for your laptop:

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-IdeaPad-100-305-500-Edge/lenovo-ideapad-500-15isk-brightness-key...

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

rohitmenon
What's DOS?
Views: 784
Message 3 of 4

I tried it, downloaded the tool from Lenovo official page, it does show up a set of blocks while clicking on the button, but its not reducing rather the blocks are not going down. Please help.

CyberSimian
Bit Torrent
Views: 777
Message 4 of 4

@rohitmenon wrote:

I tried it, downloaded the tool from Lenovo official page, it does show up a set of blocks while clicking on the button, but its not reducing rather the blocks are not going down.

If you are still using Windows 7, you can adjust the screen brightness in Windows "Control Panel":

(1) Click "Start" > "Control Panel" > "Display" > "Adjust brightness" (left side menu).

(2) At the bottom of the screen there is a "Screen brightness" slider control.  Drag that left or right to decrease or increase the brightness of the screen.

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors