Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jebcovet
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 397
Message 1 of 4

Unable to update Audio on Z585

Tried to update my audio drivers using what appeared to be newer drivers on the Lenovo site. Downloaded them and when I tried to install, I got an error message to the effect that no compatible audio drivers were found. This is the first time I had seen any updated drivers for my Z585, or at least I think they are newer than the original ones. Any ideas? Even tried to uninstall older ones and on reboot, generic Windows HD drivers were installed and it still would not upgrade with the newer ones, same message. I was able to finally reinstall the originals from the Lenovo partition. Ideas????

Also, why is there so little info on this model on this site? I even tried to chat with someone on this site and was told there was no way I could have a Z585 with the A10 AMD because they were not available yet! And then he "hung up" on me after I insisted I was chatting with him on one. Got this from OfiiceMax and I love it!

Ideapad Z585 A10-4600m, 8GB 1600MHz DDR3 memory, 960GB ADATA SP550 SSD, TS -LB23L DVDWBD with LightScribe, Win7 64bit
ishaan
Bit Torrent
Views: 393
Message 2 of 4

Re: Unable to update Audio on Z585

I strongly suggest that you should leave the drivers alone till they are working fine. If you still want to install/update drivers then download it from the official site of the hardware brand. If you are not able to do so then please provide me the hardware id of sound device. Also see if you are installing the right drivers.
Ishaan Ideapad Y560(i3 330m), Hp Elitebook 8460p!(i5-2520M) Hp Pavilion n208tx(i5-4200u)
If you think a post helped you, then you can give Kudos to the post by pressing the Star on the left of the post. If you think a post solved your problem, then mark it as a solution so that others having the same problem can refer to it.
Jebcovet
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 392
Message 3 of 4

The drivers I attempted to use WERE off Lenovo's grid for my model! I know I didn't have to update, but I tend to try and keep drivers on both this Z585 and my desktop as up to date as possible. I am reluctant to use drivers from Realtek because often they are generic and I didn't want to risk losing any of the Lenovo functionality, like the Dolby app., etc.

Ideapad Z585 A10-4600m, 8GB 1600MHz DDR3 memory, 960GB ADATA SP550 SSD, TS -LB23L DVDWBD with LightScribe, Win7 64bit
ishaan
Bit Torrent
Views: 371
Message 4 of 4

If you are familiar with installing drivers from device managee, you could as well try thar also.
Ishaan Ideapad Y560(i3 330m), Hp Elitebook 8460p!(i5-2520M) Hp Pavilion n208tx(i5-4200u)
If you think a post helped you, then you can give Kudos to the post by pressing the Star on the left of the post. If you think a post solved your problem, then mark it as a solution so that others having the same problem can refer to it.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors