Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aem101
What's DOS?
Views: 1,392
Message 21 of 26

Re: Unauthorized battery. May pose a threat to safety

I called and they wouldn't help unless I paid for the service which was quite expensive.  I have hardly used this computer.

i haven't been able to get this battery to charge for almost a year and just found this forum.

i am very disappointed with my lenovo, I hardly use it, only when absolutely necessary, like now to do my taxes.

otherwise I use my iPad or wait until I'm at work.   I would never recommend a Lenovo.

gk5
What's DOS?
Views: 1,127
Message 22 of 26

"I think it's a problem if the battery is really discharged ( 0 % ), the Lenovo Energy Manager will see it as an authorized battery . "

I have not used my Lenovo FLEX-14 for sometime now and I assume that the battery has been completely discharged. Now the "Unauthorized battery" - "Plugged-in, not charging" symptom has hit the poor machine and the only way to resolve it is to hit the "Buy" button on the energy manager.

It's a same!!! No manual even provided a hint or precaution that tis ridiculous situation could occur.

If anyone has any suggestion please help! Especially Lenovo affiliated posters.

This could help restore the fame of this brand to the minds of numerous other customers dissapointed with this issue. A simple web search on the issue  will reveal this.

Last, not least, Kindly remove the TAG "SOLVED" from this thread. It is not true and misleading to people going through web search results!!

OldExpat
Paper Tape
Views: 1,103
Message 23 of 26

Where did you buy the computer? I bought mine in Poland, had to go back to Poland to get the problem fixed.

dschnatz
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,082
Message 24 of 26

bought it on Amazon.com but was over a year ago.

OldExpat
Paper Tape
Views: 1,077
Message 25 of 26

Bought in the US, get it fixed in the US by a Lenovo authorized service center. Mine was out of warranty (because the warranty started when the machine was put on the sale table, not when I bought it), but the Lenovo service center in Warsaw fixed the problem for free. I don't know if the Stateside techs will do the same for you.

dschnatz
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,070
Message 26 of 26

http://offthewallchina.blogspot.com/2012/07/lenovo-plugged-in-not-charging-battery.html

I found the solution to my issue with this problem at above site by Dr. Bill.

1.  Disconnect the A/C power supply.
2.  Shut down the computer.
3.  Remove the battery
4.  Connect the A/C power supply
5.  Start the computer.
6.  Under Battery... (--where is "battery?" - it is under Control Panel, then System, then Device Driver, then Battery)
7.  Click on Battery (at the top), and then right click on all entries that say Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery, and select uninstall.
8. Shut the computer down.
9. Disconnect the A/C power supply.
10. Insert the battery.
11. Insert the A/C power supply.
12. Start the computer.
13.  It should be fixed--thanks to Jeffrey Palermo!   Visit his blog to read what others have experienced, and solutions for those with Samsung computers, etc.

(I did the above steps and it still did not start charging, so I removed the battery once more and put it back and it began to charge.)

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals