Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vaibhavs
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 765
Message 1 of 11

Unexpectedly POOR service by Lenovo INDIA

I had bought a Lenovo Y560 in January of last year (2011) and was completely unprepared to face what happened next. My laptop stopped charging in aroung August of 2011 and the only way it would charge was in a few specific angles with the charging port. My charger was (and is) working perfectly fine because I had tested it with my friend's same laptop. Well, then I sent it to the service center at Vizag and they supposedly "corrected" the problem by "apparently" adding a replaced charging port which was shipped from Bangalore and it was returned to me in 4-5 days. 3 days after I got back my laptop, the problem was back. I couldn't send it then because I was busy with my exams. Sent it again in January (until then used it however I could) in the service center at Rajahmundry. First they did not even respond back to me for 3 days, I had to keep calling them twice everyday for updates. Then they say that threre might be some motherboard problem. Finally the people at Rajahmunry's customer care said that there was "supposedly" some hardware damage and that there is NO replacement avaiable for the charging port for Y560 because Lenovo had stopped production or something. WHAT ????. And they again "supposedly" fixed the problem by soldering some loose wire at the port and charged me for it. 1 week after that the problem begins again. So what is this about honestly, are the laptops produced by Lenovo already damaged or poorly designed or is it that the Customer Service people want to avoid providing me with a replacement just because my warranty was about to run out, which it did ?

velenoso666
802.11n
Views: 758
Message 2 of 11

Re: Unexpectedly POOR service by Lenovo INDIA

@vaibhavs wrote:

the Customer Service people want to avoid providing me with a replacement just because my warranty was about to run out, which it did ?

If the shoes fits. You have proof of when the problem started and proof that it went back for refixing more than once, plus proof that they said there was NO replacement avaiable. Tell them by law they have to repair or replace, since they weren't capable of doing either, you'll see them in small claims court and that will cost much more.

vaibhavs
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 734
Message 3 of 11

Looking at their response, that seems to be the only path left out for me.

Retired Partner
Views: 712
Message 4 of 11

I am sorry you are experiencing the situation and would like to see if I can assist. I need some additional details and I have sent you Private Message. 

Please share the details in Private Message.

Best Regards,

Tanuj

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution".! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

vaibhavs
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 700
Message 5 of 11

Thanks for trying. By the way, I haven't received any Private Messages yet, it says there are no messages in my inbox.

Sirius21
Paper Tape
Views: 683
Message 6 of 11

Not just india. The service is really bad in the US too.  Sent my u400 for case replacement and it's been a month and i still haven't heard anything from them.

Retired Partner
Views: 663
Message 7 of 11

Hello Vaibhav,

I have resent you the Private Message. Please check it and share the details.

Best Regards,

Tanuj

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution".! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

vaibhavs
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 649
Message 8 of 11

A MONTH ?!?! How on earth are you surviving ?
vaibhavs
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 649
Message 9 of 11

Have sent you all the necessary details. Please let me know what I am supposed to do next.
Retired Partner
Views: 645
Message 10 of 11

Thank you for sharing the details.

The details has been forward to the concern team and they will share the update now.

Best Regards,

Tanuj

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors