Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo P, Y and Z series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

4 Posts

01-19-2011

USA

5 Signins

68 Page Views

• Views: 68
  • Message 1 of 4

Uninstalling bluetooth driver wiped my harddrive

2012-09-10, 17:51 PM

I bought bluetooth speakers for my laptop, and when they didn't pair I decided to update my bluetooth driver. I uninstalled the Lenovo bluetooth driver, and when it restarted I couldn't boot windows. Windows repair with the installation disk didn't work. I booted linux from a live CD and mounted my harddrive, where there is currently nothing left.

I saw this happened on other Lenovo computers. Why did this happen? Is there anything I can do? I am extremely frustrated, as I do weekly backups and had a full week of work data that has been wiped.

Options

8095 Posts

11-19-2007

United States of America

10101 Signins

400183 Page Views

• Views: 400183
  • Message 2 of 4

Re: Uninstalling bluetooth driver wiped my harddrive

2012-09-10, 22:05 PM

Which file did you download?  Can you provide a link?

I'm not sure what laptop you have, or which bluetooth driver you installed?

Sorry that the the install caused a problem !

Mark

Options

4 Posts

01-19-2011

USA

5 Signins

68 Page Views

• Message 3 of 4

2012-09-10, 22:17 PM

I wasn't able to install any bluetooth software, as it either either said to uninstall the old driver or it would rollback the installation after an error. Here is what I initially tried to install: http://www.broadcom.com/support/bluetooth/update.php

Only when I uninstalled the bluetooth enhanced data rate software from the programs list (which is what I was instructed to do) and restarted did my computer die. 

I own an Ideapad Y560.

Options

4 Posts

01-19-2011

USA

5 Signins

68 Page Views

• Message 4 of 4

2012-09-13, 2:39 AM

Thanks, Lenovo, for a great and timely response to a FATAL error. It is completely unfathomable that this glitch exists, after two whole years of people losing their data Lenovo has failed to do anything about the issue.

I can't believe a company would screw its customers like this. Ludicrous, ridiculous, insane. Not only will I never buy a Lenovo product again, I will make it my mission to prevent as many people from buying Lenovo products. I will tell everyone I meet that Lenovo is the worst company you could buy a computer from. Call me spiteful, but I'm really that pissed off.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms