06-08-2013 12:20 AM - last edited on 06-08-2013 01:32 AM by andyP
I've a Lenovo Y500 with 1 TB HDD + 16 gb mSata SSD.. But i am not satisfied with this hybrid performance. I want to change my mSata ssd to 60 or 120 gb mSata SSD and installing whole windows on it.
But i don't know if any mSata drives compatible with my computer. Is there a list for this?
I'm planning to buy Kingston 60 GB SSD Now SMS200S3 mSata SSD Drive.
You can see on this page:
Any idea about compatibility this drive with Lenovo y500 ?
Moderator note; picture(s) totalling >50K converted to link(s) Forum Rules
06-08-2013 03:22 AM - edited 06-08-2013 03:22 AM
I think with compatibility is no problem but:
- with upgrade by yourself you may void warranty
- install windows tothis ssd is in my opinon not very good idea
- for cache in my opinion is 32gb enough
- if you wanna instal OS on ssd i think 60GB is not enough for OS.
- ssd is write cycles limited and windows have lot of writes during run
- you will lost intels technologies as cache and smart start
06-10-2013 02:56 PM