Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MarquisPhoenix2
Fanfold Paper
Views: 182
Message 1 of 5

Upgrade wireless card Y510p for Win 10 full compatibilty

Hello, I would like to change the network card of my Lenovo Y510P to have better support for Windows 10 (with the current one is a continuous disconnection from the internet). If I could find one with Wi-Fi ac and Bluetooth it would be better: I read, however, that the Bios may not recognize the replacement cards, and that you should fix it by flashing a Bios modded. Can someone clarify the ideas and suggest a good wi-fi card? Thank you.

Highlighted
Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 155
Message 2 of 5

Re: Upgrade wireless card Y510p for Win 10 full compatibilty

Hi MarquisPhoenix2,

We do not recommend to our customer to flash a modded BIOS on their computer because it will cause hardware failure. Regarding the compatible WLAN card for your laptop kindly check the list below.

Regards,

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

MarquisPhoenix2
Fanfold Paper
Views: 149
Message 3 of 5

I hope this is also okay, of which I have read well in some pages of your forum

Broadcom BCM94352HMB 802.11ac Dual Band 2x2 Wireless-AC Wifi+Bluetooth BT 4.0 867Mbps Half Mini PCI-E Card for IBM/Lenovo

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 147
Message 4 of 5

We still recommend getting those that are listed in the manual, as those are tested to work with your laptop. There's nothing wrong in trying that Wi-Fi card, that was suggested by other users, especially those who have been using it in the same model without having issues. Make sure to check the return option as well if you'd like to get that.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

MarquisPhoenix2
Fanfold Paper
Views: 127
Message 5 of 5

Thank you, very kind of you to answer. I will keep you updated on the evolution and outcome of the matter.

Holiday Deals
HAPPENING NOW!

Get the best deals on PCs and tech now during the Holiday Sale
Shop the sale

Top Kudoed Authors