cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
montmar
Fanfold Paper
Views: 305
Message 1 of 4

Upgrading Z500 Ideapad to Windows 10: the Skype calling webcam mini-windows is flickering

I upgraded my Z 500 Ideapad from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10.

Until now the system is working well except for Skype: the calling webcam mini-windows is flickering.

When I make a video call, in the miniwindows showing the live picture from my webcam, the webcam picture is not stabilized but  moves all the time from left to right.

Is there anyone that knows more about this problem?

Thank you

LenBlazer
Bit Torrent
Views: 296
Message 2 of 4

Re: Upgrading Z500 Ideapad to Windows 10: the Skype calling webcam mini-windows is flickering

@montmar wrote:

I upgraded my Z 500 Ideapad from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10.

Until now the system is working well except for Skype: the calling webcam mini-windows is flickering.

When I make a video call, in the miniwindows showing the live picture from my webcam, the webcam picture is not stabilized but  moves all the time from left to right.

Is there anyone that knows more about this problem?

Thank you

Try tools option in skype and select Video settings. See if you can recalibrate the camera for Skype.

montmar
Fanfold Paper
Views: 291
Message 3 of 4

Re: Upgrading Z500 Ideapad to Windows 10: the Skype calling webcam mini-windows is flickering

Thank you LenBlazer,
In the device setting menu of Skype video setting there are the following item:
brighness, contrast, gamma, hue, saturation, sharpness, antiflicker (auto / 50 hz / 60 hz) face pririty AE (off /on), video (quality priority speed priority).
I tried all the setting but Skype is working like it was before
Regards
LenBlazer
Bit Torrent
Views: 281
Message 4 of 4

@montmar wrote:
Thank you LenBlazer,
In the device setting menu of Skype video setting there are the following item:
brighness, contrast, gamma, hue, saturation, sharpness, antiflicker (auto / 50 hz / 60 hz) face pririty AE (off /on), video (quality priority speed priority).
I tried all the setting but Skype is working like it was before
Regards

That's all I can see to change some of the setings. You can try to uninsall Skype download a newer version and install it. The installation should calibrate the webcam. Try Skype for Windows.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors