Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Willmeredith
What's DOS?
Views: 400
Message 1 of 2

Upgrading / adding a graphics card Lenovo ideapad z500

Hi,

I have a Lenovo ideapad z500 intel i5-3230m 2.6ghz, 8gb ram with Intel HD graphics card 4000.
I was wondering if I could add a better graphics card to this laptop? I noticed that other people have this exact same laptop with both the built in Intel graphics card and a nvidia graphics card too. Is it possible to add a nvidia graphics card to my laptop??

Thanks!
julyzerg
Token Ring
Views: 392
Message 2 of 2

Re: Upgrading / adding a graphics card Lenovo ideapad z500

@Willmeredith wrote:
Hi,

I have a Lenovo ideapad z500 intel i5-3230m 2.6ghz, 8gb ram with Intel HD graphics card 4000.
I was wondering if I could add a better graphics card to this laptop? I noticed that other people have this exact same laptop with both the built in Intel graphics card and a nvidia graphics card too. Is it possible to add a nvidia graphics card to my laptop??

Thanks!

The nvidia graphics card you mentioned is soled to the mother board, it is not something that can be "removable" easily (by taking out screws and pull it out) like a cpu chip or a ram... In addition, they have to put more heat sink, fans and power controllers (or whatever you call it) to support the card because now the machine need much more power and will produce much more heat.
So my suggestion is to save $$, sell the old one and buy the new laptop with good VGA or you can buy a new "mother board" of same model as your current one (they sell it on ebay, if you are lucky you may find the one with VGA on it) then pull out your cpu, ram, hdd, cables ..etc from old one then transfer them to new one, it will require a deep understanding about laptop hardware and electrical things and such.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors