Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NRP5396
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,717
Message 1 of 2

User Interface too Small

Hello,

I have recently purchased a new computer for college, the Lenovo Y50-70UHD.  The OS is windows 8.1.  I seem to have have a problem when using some of my sotware, in which the user interface is too small.  For example, I am an engineering student, so I use Autodesk Inventor.  When I open it up to work, the UI is really small.  It is so tedious, that it is not usable.  It is not only this software, this problem also affects any diologue boxes that may appear, as well as the interface in system apps like the file explorer and text boxes in my browser.  I have already tried increasing the font size and tile size in the system settings, but neither of them seem to help.  My screen resolution is set to 3840x2160, the recommended setting. When I try reducing it, most of my applications get fuzzy or pixelated.  I have searched around the internet for a solution, but I haven't had any luck.  I have also read about other users having the same problem, namely those with the Yoga 2.

I can post screenshots if needed.  Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

-N

Guru
Views: 1,689
Message 2 of 2

Re: User Interface too Small

Try increasing DPI settings. Go to desktop, right click on it, from the drop down menu choose 'screen resolution'. On this screen click on "Make text and other items larger or smaller'. Here, tick the option 'let me choose one scalling level for all my displays'. You will get multiple scaling options from 100% to 150% right away and up to 200% in 'Custom sizing options'. Not all applications scale well, but UI itself usually scales properly. Give it a try and let me know how did that go.

====================================
I'm an INsider - not a Lenovo employee.
You can find me in gaming, Ideapad and Thinkpad forums most of the time.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors