Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
skoziate
Paper Tape
Views: 518
Message 1 of 1

Using National Instruments MXI-4 remote controller with Lenovo IdeaPad Y530

Hi All,

I am writing from National Instruments Technical Support with an issue that one of our customer's is having.

The customer uses Lenovo IdeaPad Y530 (model name: 20009) and was trying to use MXI-4 remote controller of PXI chassis. It is basically a PCI extension with CompactPCI form factor.

Unfortunatelly the extension of PCI bus did not work, any device installed in the PXI chassis received code 12 (unable to allocate resources) in Device Manager. We know about this issue on some laptops, they just simply don't allow hooking up PCI bus on ExpressCard (correct me if I'm wrong) - see our knowledgebase. We provide a potential solution, which is MXI-Express Compatibility Software. This solution can fix some BIOS limitations, but not all of them. Unfortunatelly in case of the customer it did not help.

The customer purchased IBM Leonovo Y530 just for the purpose of using it with MXI-Express Controller. National Instruments cannot resolve this issue.

Is there any BIOS version or extension that could allow Windows to allocate devices on the extended PCI bus?

Regards,
Sebastian

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors