Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nyakolaj
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,475
Message 1 of 26

Veriface Password Manager does not work properly

I have an Ideapad z460 with Windows 7 Home Premium Edition. Veriface seems to work properly -- it is installed, my face scanned and stored, and it logs me in when I start Windows.

But the Password Manager associated with it does not do anything. It does not recognise webpages, and nothing happens when I enter a used id + password to any webpage. As far as I understand, a window should pop up asking if I want to store the current password, but it does not. I can launch the Password Manager application, but in the window where it should list the saved passwords, it shows an empty list only.

I tried restarting Windows, removing and reinstalling the application, I tried compatibility view -- nothing works here. I use Internet Explorer 9.

In my former laptop, which was a Thinkpad sl500, the Password Manager for the fingerprint scanner worked fine, I loved the application. And I am really disappointed with this one not working.

Former Employee
Views: 2,456
Message 2 of 26

Re: Veriface Password Manager does not work properly

hey Nyakolaj,

i'm looking at the download page for the Z460 (http://consumersupport.lenovo.com/us/en/DriversDownloads/drivers_list.aspx?CategoryID=633979) and I do not see any Password Manager software. Could you capture a screenshot of the Power Manager you use as I would like to see what is the proper name for it.

WW Social Media
Important Note: If you need help, post your question in the forum, and include your system type, model number and OS. Do not post your serial number.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!
Have you checked out the Community Knowledgebase yet?!
How to send a private message? --> Check out this article.
Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 2,454
Message 3 of 26

Serge, it's actually part of Veriface.  I have a big file downloading on the Ideapad right now, when it's done, I'll send you a shot of it, but it just says password manager and you have to open Veriface to get it open.

Dave

Community GuidelinesSearchPrivate MessagingENDEESPTRUUACZ-SKMoto
PM requests for individual support are not answered. If a post solves your issue, please mark it so.
Nyakolaj
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,442
Message 4 of 26

OK do you have any idea how I can insert a screenshot here into a forum post? I am able to capture it, but not to insert here. I have been trying hard, but I do not seem to find the solution.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 2,438
Message 5 of 26

The easy way would be to upload it to a hosting site like tinypic and then provide a link to it in your reply. I put a screenshotlink in my above post.

Dave

PM requests for individual support are not answered. If a post solves your issue, please mark it so.
Nyakolaj
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,419
Message 6 of 26

Here it is:

http://tinypic.com/r/wt81w6/7 

(do not be scared, this is in Hungarian language; anyway you will recognize the "Lenovo", "Veriface" and "Password Manager" words, and the layout; the rest says "Password Manager is able to store the log-in information for a webpage and log you in automatically. You did not give the password for the webpage."

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Views: 2,415
Message 7 of 26

have you tried to re-install veriface?

http://www.krasotaiskusstva.com
Nyakolaj
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,414
Message 8 of 26

Yes. It came pre-installed on my newly purchased machine; so when I saw it did not work properly, I checked to see if it is downloadable from Lenovo and found that it is; so I uninstalled, restarted Windows, downloaded, reinstalled. Still does not work.

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Views: 2,403
Message 9 of 26

have you tried to run veriface from the link on desktop by right clicking & selecting "run as admin"?

http://www.krasotaiskusstva.com
Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 2,397
Message 10 of 26

I think I might have found out what's happening.

I don't use Veriface for  password managing, but I do use it for logging on.  

In the notes in help, it says that the Password Manager only supports Internet Explorer 6, 7, and Internet Explorer 8.

I have Internet Explorer 9, so I can't test it.

Dave 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors